Farm Foods Avonmouth

Good afternoon people. Farmfoods at Avonmouth are advertising for drivers. Money looks good as does the shift pattern,but, what I need to know is, what are they like to work foe etc? Currently work for Tesco but the job is getting me down due to the awful shift pattern and the money is not all that great so looking for a change.

Dimlaith:
Good afternoon people. Farmfoods at Avonmouth are advertising for drivers. Money looks good as does the shift pattern,but, what I need to know is, what are they like to work foe etc? Currently work for Tesco but the job is getting me down due to the awful shift pattern and the money is not all that great so looking for a change.

Don’t know much about Farm Foods but Culina in Avonmouth are always on the lookout if you’re interested.

Farm foods always seem to have adverts for drivers up in the canteen. To be honest, in the Avonmouth area, any company looking for drivers has to offer a serious package, the competition is now getting massive.

You can count on one hand how many people have left Tesco at Avonmouth to work for Farm Foods.

Their are only 2 employers that you should consider in the area that will be a better gig than Tesco, and they are Asda or the Lunatic Mail.

I have been in the game for 31 years and at Avonmouth since it opened, the only thing missing are the redcoats and a knobbly knees contest.

Its up to you, I know what I would do.

mike68:
You can count on one hand how many people have left Tesco at Avonmouth to work for Farm Foods.

Their are only 2 employers that you should consider in the area that will be a better gig than Tesco, and they are Asda or the Lunatic Mail.

I have been in the game for 31 years and at Avonmouth since it opened, the only thing missing are the redcoats and a knobbly knees contest.

I’m at Magor Mike on the new contract, it’s the rota that’s getting me down, 3 single rest days in the 7 week rota.

mike68:

Very true words and I believe Asda are looking again at the moment. Good luck with royal mail though :laughing:

[/quote]
I’m at Magor Mike on the new contract, it’s the rota that’s getting me down, 3 single rest days in the 7 week rota.
[/quote]

forget Asda then, it’s exactly same

Is Avonmouth worth travelling down to work at from West Yorkshire,
Remember a few lads travelling to daventry/crick early 2000s,they rented a small house a few of them and were still raking the money in especially at Xmas for Royal Mail,
Still holding out for a sensible shift pattern to come up at Asda near me but don’t hold out much hope to be honest,
I have morrisons within walking distance from my house,can’t get on,3 Asda’s within 20 minutes and 2 that I applied for were shocking shift patterns,Sainsbury’s at sherburn again shocking shift pattern,Tesco Goole run by stobrats,
One stop,paying good money but a back breaking job.
And the Royal Mail share agency are offering £17 an hour now but drop you in January,
Impossible to get on permanent.
I’m just fed up of never knowing what time I’m getting home if at all,after 20 years of general im fed up,now on containers but hours still long. Now I have a young family I need a change

Thing is a lot of supermarkets still run on seniority, a bit like Royal Mail, so to get the pattern you want you have to be in there in the first place and be willing to put the wrong hours in to get the right one in the end.

Unfortunately the majority of lorry driving is long hours - there are exceptions - but have you tried a smaller firm, transporting their own product? Theres a company next to me, they run their own stuff, start about 7.30am and they’re all done by 4.30pm. Drop in money though although that’s mostly to do with a drop in hours and not a drop in hourly rate.

toonsy:
Thing is a lot of supermarkets still run on seniority, a bit like Royal Mail, so to get the pattern you want you have to be in there in the first place and be willing to put the wrong hours in to get the right one in the end.

Unfortunately the majority of lorry driving is long hours - there are exceptions - but have you tried a smaller firm, transporting their own product? Theres a company next to me, they run their own stuff, start about 7.30am and they’re all done by 4.30pm. Drop in money though although that’s mostly to do with a drop in hours and not a drop in hourly rate.

Could try a builders merchant?

drover:
Very true words and I believe Asda are looking again at the moment. Good luck with royal mail though :laughing:

Too late for Asda we’ve just taken on 27 drivers and they’re not after any more for the foreseeable.

bald bloke:

drover:

Too late for Asda we’ve just taken on 27 drivers and they’re not after any more for the foreseeable.

What shift you on at Asda bald bloke■■?
Up here we have xdc,adc and cdc Iv had chance of interview at xdc but shocking shift pattern cdc ain’t too bad as regards shift patterns I hear but I simply always get overlooked on the rare occasions they advertise…
Always fancied a crack at Asda