Farm Foods and Boots

Hi guys, :smiley:

Hope this is the correct page for this kind of question
I’m looking for some info thought this would be the best place to ask…
Can anyone give me more information on FarmFoods in ■■■■■■■■■■■ and Boots in Coatbridge. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I’m looking for things like

Shift variations — Days, Nights, Average shift Length ect
Vehicles — Makes, Condition, Man/Auto ect
Trailers - Condition, tail lift type ect
Loads/Drops — Is it Pallets/Cages? What the drops are like?
Pay

Thanks for reading :unamused:

Farmfoods run a mixed fleet of decent and rough trucks. Last one i drove was a Renault premium with over a million kms on it. They seem decent enough to work for though

boots are run by DHL so the trucks should be in reasonable condition but you do have to graft. Mostly decent people there too last time i was there but the yard is far too small for the amount of trucks they have. Plus its a mix of everything from a 4 wheeler rigid to a decker and everything in between although i think they got rid of the 2 wagon and drags

Boots will be Totes ( plastic sealed stack boxies ) and cages
daytime deliverys to store both front door and back door deliverys…

All retailers are fairly similar depending on size. Column or under slung tail lifts with cages, dollies or pallets and usually average 4 shops per run. Sometimes one run, sometimes two or three. It all involves urban driving and dopey pedestrians and car drivers getting in the way along with shop staff with attitude problems. Retail deliveries aren’t for everyone although i quite enjoy the work

Thanks for the replies Nick and Scanny much appreciated :smiley:

I applied to Farmfoods today, I work for DHL, so all I would need to do is put in a transfer request.

Most of the Boots motors I see there’s always two guys in the truck, are they double manned or is one of them a drivers mate? When I was tipping the home bargains trailer at Strathkelvin, the boots boys where always in and out like a flash. wish I’d went over and spoke to them now :confused:

At Farmfoods how long was your shifts? What were the start/finish times?

Thanks again guys

The second man on Boots is a security guard.

DrivingMissDaisy:

never had a guard when I did it :open_mouth:
I know they second man if it could be a long day or even if they have a spare driver rather tha making them sit around in the yard all day .

Second man is used when the shop is unstaffed.

Hi applied for Farmfoods ■■■■■■■■■■■ myself don’t know anyone who drives for them all I know is the pay advertised was £12 per hour

The only time i was double manned at boots was on night work. Driver and drivers mate. Apart from the inverness run which was a long day and had to be a double manned run.

i only did a few shifts with farmfoods and only trunking to Warrington starting at around 1700 or 1800. They still had shop runs going out at that time of night.

marks and spencer’s have a site next to barr in ■■■■■■■■■■■■ Its a DHL site with TK MAXX running from there too. The drivers seemed happy enough, typical motors but its all dry goods since GIST run all the food for M&S.

most DHL sites seem to be pretty hot on defects and infringements so they aren’t a bad company to work for. The clerks and managers can be clueless but the drivers are usually good guys and will keep you right and that is not with any particular site in mind. They are all pretty much the same so only the work is different from one site to the next

G6Bob:
I applied to Farmfoods today, I work for DHL, so all I would need to do is put in a transfer request.

I thought farmfoods was run by link logistics. Has dhl got their foot in the door now?

merc0447:

G6Bob:

I thought farmfoods was run by link logistics. Has dhl got their foot in the door now?

i seem to remember link running ■■■■■■■■■■■ and warrington being a norberts site

nick2008:

DrivingMissDaisy:

I know they second man if it could be a long day or even if they have a spare driver rather tha making them sit around in the yard all day .

Same here never had a guard with me and never delivered to an unmanned store.

Dafman:

nick2008:

DrivingMissDaisy:

Same here never had a guard with me and never delivered to an unmanned store.

+1 and at best it would be another driver that would share the drivin to get round quicker.

I have done 2 10 delivering to Manchester arndale and then the airport, I have also worked nights getting the sandwiches and drinks from Dronfield, and to say that was slightly interesting would be an understatement.

scanny77:

merc0447:

G6Bob:

i seem to remember link running ■■■■■■■■■■■ and warrington being a norberts site

Sorry meant to write “I applied to Farmfoods (Link Logistics). I work for DHL, so all I would have to do is put in a transfer request to start in Boots”

mjallby:
Hi applied for Farmfoods ■■■■■■■■■■■ myself don’t know anyone who drives for them all I know is the pay advertised was £12 per hour

Good stuff mate, Hopefully we will hear soon :laughing:

G6Bob:

scanny77:

merc0447:

G6Bob:

Sorry meant to write “I applied to Farmfoods (Link Logistics). I work for DHL, so all I would have to do is put in a transfer request to start in Boots”

mjallby:

Good stuff mate, Hopefully we will hear soon :laughing:

Did you see it advertised on the Jobcentre website ? That’s were I seen it hopefully nothing worse than applying for a position to hear nothing back even if its a no let me know

Yeah mate, job centre. Few guys I know have applied as well, if they hear anything I’ll let you know. I imagine they have received plenty of applications

G6Bob:
Yeah mate, job centre. Few guys I know have applied as well, if they hear anything I’ll let you know. I imagine they have received plenty of applications

Same if I hear anything will let you know