Farm deliveries

My firm delivers heavy engineering parts for a company that maintains & services hot water & power generation for NHS sites such as hospitals etc. They also service bio gas plants that are frequently on farms in ridiculously remote areas. Some of the sites have ridiculously difficult access…3.5 tonne weight limit bridges, narrow entrances, no turning areas, ridiculously muddy access roads etc etc. They send out 1 tonne LBCs of liquid coolant that are virtually impossible to move without a fork lift, and when you get to the site…there isn’t a forklift! I have a tail lift, but have you tried moving a tonne with a pallet truck?
It’s all part of the fun.

Beware the farmers feral wild pack of loose dogs who appear from nowhere with no warning of a growl or bark, they lurk in between the milk tanks in the dairy parlour if you are a bulk milk tanker driver.
Then the hidden scrap metal in the verges or long grass that will ruin your day if drive over them .
Additionally the lonely farmer, and you are the first human he / she has spoken to in weeks, allowing two hours for the hard done by speech, of having a bad year financially but check out their new Range Rovers with Mr and Mrs private plates and the kids go to private school.
100% agree with ringing the farm for delivery instructions, for fertiliser from Ince I had to ring once loaded for an eta the next day, as he or she will organise a machine to fork off the bulk bags, and the tip about facing the right direction in the narrow lane is great, as to turn around could be a few miles to unload one side then the other side of the trailer.
They may have to machines from another farm or be out the day you arrive, normally the market.

Tarmaceater:
Beware the farmers feral wild pack of loose dogs who appear from nowhere with no warning of a growl or bark.

I’ve got that covered, I carry a bag of dog biscuits. :smiley:

It’s a win win, double whammy, If I run out of pot noodles, and oranges I have something to fall back on for my tea. :bulb: :laughing:

Well this was a disappointment, was expecting some naughty tales or hopefully pics involving the infamous farmers daughter :sunglasses: Not pics of cows and tractors. :unamused: :cry:

Robroy , just shoot the dogs with the shot gun that is hidden under your bunk . :smiley:

I was once told over the phone that Farmer was out for the day, and he has left the keys in the ignition of the fork machine so I could unload myself, and he said if I come in the lanes the wrong way , I would get stuck and a crane to lift me out .
No health and safety or wearing of a don’t knock me over bib and if you fancy a dip , dive in the open slurry pit with no fence or barriers.

I had a delivery to a farm .A whole container he also runs an Ebay business from his barn its about 2 miles from the main road you have to phone so that they stop traffic from their end.

Do pickups count? :wink:

images (29).jpeg

toby1234abc:
Robroy , just shoot the dogs with the shot gun that is hidden under your bunk . :smiley:

:open_mouth: How tf did you know about that?? :open_mouth:

Star down under.:
Do pickups count? :wink:

Which one’s you, Rob?