Farewell 1952

It was with a hint of sadness and a tear in my eye that marked the final farewell to 1952,my trusty Volvo FH12.
Today I returned the truck to the dealer to stand alongside the other 15 trucks whose lease has also expired.

Standing in Eupen are more than a dozen new Merc’s.Which we can’t use.

Apparently it’s been law in Belgium since 5th August of this year that all new trucks must be fitted with the new digital tacho’s.The Merc’s arrived with the old type,and the Belgian authorities refused to issue registration paper’s until they were changed.So,off they went to the dealer to have them fitted.

In the meantime we have had to apply for a drivers smart card to be able to use them,but they haven’t arrived,and until such time that they do the trucks stand idle and over a dozen driver’s (incl me) are sitting at home.

BTW Ben,all the trucks registrations start TLF and fleet No’s start 54.

That problem with digital tacho’s is going to happen many times when it gets to the UK. DVLC can’t seem to anything right, so cards will delayed go to the wrong address, just get lost. And drivers and haulage firns will lose money and who’ll pay.
Do you have to pay for your card in Belguim?

As far as I know the company is paying for the card.

shame to hear about Edward Volvo over ! :cry: but new actros, its is standard or megaspace blue actros ? also it is 0054 serial number ? with Belgium plate ? also front of actros have add written- " Belgium " above the front grill ?

will be nice if you will take pics new your truck :smiley:

Cheers Ben

Thank u for let me know

Yes Ben,they are standard Actros,but all have Telligent gearbox instead of manual that are usually fitted.
They are on Belgian plates,starting TLF-___ and fleet numbers start 54__.
All in Betz blue,and there are 7 for mega-trailers and 6 for normal trailer.
When I go and pick up the new truck I’ll get some pics.