FAO Orys

greenockmorton.org/forum/ind … opic=30718

What’s your thoughts mate?
:bulb: :question:

Sorry, I missed it before, I am not checking this forum regurarly. PM me next time with a link.

What I think? I am not too big football fan and I don’t know too much about it. I can give you my own thoughts, but don’t quote me :slight_smile:

I can say that compared to Scotland it seems that Polish football stadiums are not as safe. I never seen scenes like in Scotland that whole families are going to watch the game. In Poland it would be rather that most of that will be young males of which many are hooligans and only for some games brave parents will take their kids (unless they are footbal fans themselves).

It seems that in Poland football is rather a hobby of lower spheres of the society - mostly equivalent of NEDs. It’s not that educated people are not interested, it’s rather that they are not brave enaugh to go for a match.

I used to live near to the WKS ÅšlÄ…sk WrocÅ‚aw stadium and a riots weren’t rare thing: this is a footage from one of the bigges, nearly 300 people were arrested on this occasion:

I myself would not be brave enaugh to go for a game of some local club - I might go for some national team game, but not to one of the league matches.

The other thing is the “holy wars” between clubs. The Kraków is most famous for that - Cracovia vs WisÅ‚a ultras are killing at last a couple of people from other team every year. And it’s even not to safe to go to some areas in Kraków, as you have to be supporter of the “proper” team there and if you claim that you are not a football fan, you will be beaten by both… :wink: