Fancy tackling this?

Anyone know who might have owned this?

Hi Quinny,could have been ex tanker as exhaust is under the front.I’m trying to think who ran Atkis with the blue livery and lined in white with the phone number in a circle.Pity there’s no reg number.

Nice to see its got the original drivers seat :laughing:
Bassetts Titensor(spelling)?

i also think its bassetts !

Dunno who the original operator was, but I’ve certainly seen worse than that rise from the ashes…

Could be Bassetts. I never thought of that. Would love to see her run again.

Friend of mine and his Dad who read this forum, run a 71 Borderer with a front mounted exhaust, so a tanker motor could be a possibility.

Ken.

I’d say that 99.9% of Borderers had transverse, front-mounted exhausts straight from the factory. Whatever the application, the exhaust was the same. It would be fantastic if it was a D&A motor, but they were in worse nick than that when they were operational - I saw them; it’s true…

And they smoke lovely when fired up from cold. :smiley:

Ken.

A smokey Bassetts Atki :slight_smile:

Ray

i can smell that exhaust smoke now bring tears to me eyes especially as i drive a desk for a living now, seriously though hope some brave soul would tackle it or could give some one spares for another project and ain`t it a shame no one ever thinks to put a tarp over things like this to stop the worst of the weather getting in

Leggetts.

hiya,
Marky, never seen one/driven one with the exhaust mounted other than that way, loads of companies used a similar blue to that, like the seat mod though.
thanks harry long retired

Hiya I would like to know how long it is since it was on the road…if its been on a farm or used as a shunter since 1980
that truck could have belonged to Geoff Brown… It was on Hulland products and the reg would be TEN 610 K…I think Bassetts is
a no go… Geoff had pin stripes on his Atki just like that and white bumpers…The silencer is stock in my book.
Can you tell if its has got a Leek phone no or 0538 code under that splodge of paint on the corners. if so Geoff replaced this truck
for a new Marathon with a ■■■■■■■ lump.
John

3300John:
Hiya I would like to know how long it is since it was on the road…if its been on a farm or used as a shunter since 1980
that truck could have belonged to Geoff Brown… It was on Hulland products and the reg would be TEN 610 K…I think Bassetts is
a no go… Geoff had pin stripes on his Atki just like that and white bumpers…The silencer is stock in my book.
Can you tell if its has got a Leek phone no or 0538 code under that splodge of paint on the corners. if so Geoff replaced this truck
for a new Marathon with a ■■■■■■■ lump.
John

O…Dear i’ve just made a mistake…It was Reg Brown who owned the Atki not Geoff…Geoff was Regs brother and drove for Belfields haulage
but very sadly passed away a few years back…sorry for the mix up.
John

marky:
I’d say that 99.9% of Borderers had transverse, front-mounted exhausts straight from the factory. Whatever the application, the exhaust was the same. It would be fantastic if it was a D&A motor, but they were in worse nick than that when they were operational - I saw them; it’s true…

Thanks for putting me right about Atki exhausts Mark,they were a motor I never drove - well once I did at Marchon Whitehaven,it had been parked in the offloading bay where I wanted to be on a sunday morning so I had to shift it. :smiley:

I zoomed in on the headboard and 3 of us here can make it read Bassetts under the scribble, but looking on any other images of the Tittensor company vehicles, they didn’t seem to have the phone signwritten in a rope circle like the picture.

Wheel Nut:
I zoomed in on the headboard and 3 of us here can make it read Bassetts under the scribble, but looking on any other images of the Tittensor company vehicles, they didn’t seem to have the phone signwritten in a rope circle like the picture.

Hi ya …it could be a secondhand headboard glass but Bassetts are two tone blue and never had a rope with the phone number in
or the pinstripes.the rope dose screem owner driver or farmer as many firms had stopped spending the money on signwriting by the mid 70s
with a exception to the scotch lads and i think they was going onto transfers by this time.
John