Fancy driving a fire engine?

fish4.co.uk/jobs/advert?adId … tor_Indeed

Pity I’m not close enough looks like a lot of fun, well apart from:

*Driving under blue light conditions equates to making progress within given speed limits only as per service guidelines.

Not to me it doesn’t, stick the woo-woos on and go like the clappers, bonus points if you can scare the poop out of a cyclist or two.

In other words:

“Scabs wanted”

Already driven a proper one! A green goddess.Now that was an experience!

Jesus, is it obligatory to mention cyclists within a handful of posts on every topic now? Talk about getting tedious. Give it a rest people and then just maybe some posts might turn out to be interesting for a change.

Wouldn’t mind giving it a go though, sure the wifey would love it if I can take the uniform home (well mainly just the trousers, braces and helmet).

Crossing picket lines is just an added bonus.

You may have to cross picket lines if some of our colleagues decide to take industrial action and protest outside our stations but we will provide support and assistance to enable you to report for work.

Not much solidarity there then.

switchlogic:
Jesus, is it obligatory to mention cyclists within a handful of posts on every topic now? Talk about getting tedious. Give it a rest people and then just maybe some posts might turn out to be interesting for a change.

Quite right +1

If I remember rightly, Cleveland FB were gearing up for a bun fight about a month ago by advertising for drivers.
If it wasn’t for Op Telic, they’d probably still be on strike now! :smiley:
I’d do it, no probs.

I do and I love it :laughing:

They used to call it emergency driving EFAD…extremely fast and dangerous!!

SB.

Normally I would not agree to a job like this but I have been driving at a few places on agency where firemen work on there days off taking money of drivers who only do one job. Seems ok then to break there strike.

No ,I drove one in Cyprus ,way prefer trundling about in Tanks way more fun :smiley:

I thought they had a legal obligation to provide emergency cover and that 999 calls were strike exempt?

I’d happily be a scab if it meant saving a family from a burning building or pulling someone from a smash up. In fact I’d probably do it for free if I was required to on a temporary basis but then again I am from Nottingham :wink:

That looks amazing, even if the strike doesn’t go ahead and it comes to nothing you’ve still had the opportunity to play with fire engines :laughing:

You are still subject to driver’s hours regulations.

“Sorry lads, gotta stop here for 45mins,the fire can wait!” :confused:

NewLad:
I thought they had a legal obligation to provide emergency cover and that 999 calls were strike exempt?

Think it’s only the police and armed forces who can’t strike. Remember the old fire strikes when the green goddesses were on the road.
Does make you wonder how this will be crewed? I would have thought retained firefighters wouldn’t cross the picket line and if its the army, then they’d have their own drivers.

m1cks:
Does make you wonder how this will be crewed? I would have thought retained firefighters wouldn’t cross the picket line and if its the army, then they’d have their own drivers.

Have you considered the possibility that the ad might be a troll?

Do you seriously think that GMFRS would be looking on fish4jobs for temp fire crew & drivers to cover any possible industrial action?

It’s right enough it’s on there website.

As retained we will be providing cover for our area!

Can always rely on the retained to scab!

In it for our community!