Falmouth parking

Hi all, am off to Falmouth later, with 2 boats going to the docks, and assuming I get down there tonight, will need somewhere to park up. Has anybody got any any recommendations for somewhere, ideally near a 24 hour supermarket or somewhere else with toilet facilities, just in case the missus decides to come along!

Thanks

Gary

last time I went down there with a generator last summer , the chap let ,me stay just by the gatehouse to the dock , dont know if they still let you do that though

There is an Asda on the outskirts of town if that’s any help.

Thanks for the replies, I haven’t got to be there until midday tomorrow now, so might have a slow bimble down and stop at Exeter tonight.

Thanks

Gary

scaniason:
Thanks for the replies, I haven’t got to be there until midday tomorrow now, so might have a slow bimble down and stop at Exeter tonight.

Thanks

Gary

See you there mate. Be there bout same time. Globetrotter, wagon and drag in blue :wink: :wink:

Just a word of warning. If you follow the A39 into the docks as signposted you will come across an arched bridge at 15’6" just outside the dock gate.

I remember being caught out that when taking a dredger in to the dock around 15 years ago.

Cheers
Neilf

My home town,
yes there is an Asda on the outskirts near penryn(A39) also a fair sized b+q opposite it. and to be fair the whole place is Hgv nightmare.

My home town as well.

As for asda, go in past the petrol station, past the car parks and the bus stop on the left as if you are heading to the delivery area. up the hill there’s a roundabout you can spin round on and park on the service road.

(Just take a look as you spin round to see if the ■■■■■■ are there or not.)

Failing that, there is an industrial estate just down the road (keep asda on your right and B&Q on your left. a bit down on the left is the ind estate. Jewsons on one side and Rowes bakers on the other

My home town as well.

As for asda, go in past the petrol station, past the car parks and the bus stop on the left as if you are heading to the delivery area. up the hill there’s a roundabout you can spin round on and park on the service road.

(Just take a look as you spin round to see if the ■■■■■■ are there or not.)

Failing that, there is an industrial estate just down the road (keep asda on your right and B&Q on your left. a bit down on the left is the ind estate. Jewsons on one side and Rowes bakers on the other

I set up a show down in the town for Ford’s once, I was already at Stithians show and this was extra, the site was on the harbour front, downa side road and It was so tight I gave up trying to get down it, eventually I had the Ford dealer ferry equipment to and from my truck using a van.
When ever in the area I would park in the large layby just before the roundabout where you turn left for Falmouth town. It’s just past the turn for Stithians, there’s a small village there, Pub and petrol station for supplies.

Thanks all, I parked up at Exeter last night, then got asked to get in for between 8&9! Set off at 6 this morning, and was on queens quay for 815. Got my boats offloaded onto HMS Severn by 930, them a gentle run up to Chippenham for the reload.

I’ve only been to Cornwall twice in the last 15 years, and the other time it was dark, but wow! What a beautiful place! Might have to convince the missus for a holiday down there…

Gary

scaniason:
Thanks all, I parked up at Exeter last night, then got asked to get in for between 8&9! Set off at 6 this morning, and was on queens quay for 815. Got my boats offloaded onto HMS Severn by 930, them a gentle run up to Chippenham for the reload.

I’ve only been to Cornwall twice in the last 15 years, and the other time it was dark, but wow! What a beautiful place! Might have to convince the missus for a holiday down there…

Gary

You picked a good day to come down.