Fake cop car

Nicked from another site

A BMW dark gray reg AO15VFV tried to make m8 pull over this morning,its got blue flashing lights in rev lights.but no other markings or aerials or police sign in rear window he rang the old bill to be told it’s not 1 of theirs. He was on the A1 around the A52, he had to meet the police at Blythe services to make a statement. It anybody sees this car call the police

bump.

That’s sounds bad.

Fake number, no trace on database but didn’t think there would for obvious reasons but it would flash up on a traffic car fitted with ANPR if one clocked it.

What sort of load was the driver carrying?

Mike_:
What sort of load was the driver carrying?

sometimes it not the load there after but the truck they want

Sure, just interested really coz I drive high consequence loads on that stretch of road several times a week. They won’t be after my truck though :smiley:

Plus, don`t UK cops always do a stop from the rear, or maybe the side of the vehicle being stopped? None of this pull in front stuff from U.S. movies?

Franglais:
Plus, don`t UK cops always do a stop from the rear, or maybe the side of the vehicle being stopped? None of this pull in front stuff from U.S. movies?

I’ve been pulled by a single cop car who when in front of me, put up the message in his back window “follow me”.

Evil8Beezle:

Franglais:

I’ve been pulled by a single cop car who when in front of me, put up the message in his back window “follow me”.

Ah well, I stand corrected.

Evil8Beezle:

Franglais:

I’ve been pulled in from the front by a police bike too. He had a wee led sign saying follow me. Took me straight to the Vosa site in Kilmarnock :frowning:

A fake copper overtook me, the sign in the back of the car said " Chase me " .
It was only Duncan Norvelle .

Not sure if this is true tbh but I was lead to believe that cops pull a car and stay behind it using their blues to protect the car being pulled, but with trucks they pull them from the front and use the truck to protect themselves. Makes sense I suppose.

Been pulled for quite a few ADR checks by the police.

If it’s a bike they usually come along side and gesture, we nod at each other meaningfully and then I follow the bike.

If it’s a car you might get the “follow me” LEDs in the back but I’ve also had one waving a paper “follow me” placard at me out of the passenger window :astonished:

I wouldn’t stop for an unmarked car until I’d phoned the feds and verified it was a genuine pull.

Mike_:
Been pulled for quite a few ADR checks by the police.

If it’s a bike they usually come along side and gesture, we nod at each other meaningfully and then I follow the bike.

If it’s a car you might get the “follow me” LEDs in the back but I’ve also had one waving a paper “follow me” placard at me out of the passenger window :astonished:

I wouldn’t stop for an unmarked car until I’d phoned the feds and verified it was a genuine pull.

Yeah I’ve had the same with a bike as well, straight into a DVSA stop at Sutton Scotney. :imp:

Cambridge Police at Sawtry or Brampton Hut Services for me. They’ve always been polite & professional and I’m usually on my way within half an hour so can’t really complain too much.