Failed!!!

Just got in from my training course and I’ve gone and failed my class 1
:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

6 minors wasn’t bad but it was the 2 serious what done it.

1. missed a well hidden speed sign and was doing 40 in a 30 (confirmed well hidden by the instructor)

2.pulled up for the hill start and forgot to select low range on the slapover, it didn’t like doing a hill start in 5th instead of 3rd (blonde moment, no excuse)
:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

so near yet so far, just got to wait on the school to arrange another test date and I will try again

Better luck next time Sniper, stick with it :smiley:

Sorry to hear that mate, thats unlucky. On the plus side, if you do the same route again you"ll know where the 30 sign is :confused: . At least next time you"ll be more relaxed, as you will know what to expect, and if youre relaxed you will drive better. Good luck.

Sniper,

although they are classed as 'serious’s, they are not serious in that you make appalling errors. Both of those are easy to correct, the first by knowing the routes a little better (i.e. where all the limits are) and the second by running through your mind all the steps for uphil starts til they are second nature. I sat in a chair at home and kept running through them all over and over until I got it consistently right.

Go on! Take it again, you have obviously got the lions share under your belt (like reversing :unamused: ) just go the extra little bit and it will be cracked.

All the best,

John

Ignore the minors, check the serious Sniper. Good luck with the next one - it’s a [zb], but you can have another go :wink:. Saying nothing about blonde moments :open_mouth:.

1. missed a well hidden speed sign and was doing 40 in a 30 (confirmed well hidden by the instructor)

my dad was a bus driver for the best part of 26 years and i remember him telling me that 1 of his m8’s at wishaw depot was driving his bus through uddingston and as he was driving up the road the police pulled him for speeding,the road was a 30 zone and the driver thought it was a 40.he argued with the police as they said that you can see the sign.he said not from the angel that i was coming from.as luck would have it the bus driver had his camera with him and took a pic there and then in front of the copper and said i’ll see you in court.he went to court some weeks later and produced the pic,he got off with it as the judge agreed that he would not be able to see the sign due to the overhanging tree’s.so m8 i’d have a word with the local council and tell them about it. :wink:

hope you get through next time.i’m sure you will :wink:

Don’t fret mate just tell yourself that you are gonna do it next time.

Good luck for the next test.

Both easy mistakes to make Sniper. The gearbox thing is very easy to do, I have done it many a time in a Scania when they dont always drop into low range. Just put it down to expierance and upwards and onwards towards your next test.

Sorry to hear that you did not get the pass this time sniper
but I am sure you can put those 2 serious faults right and pass
next time. Good luck and all the best for the future :smiley: .

sniper:
Just got in from my training course and I’ve gone and failed my class 1
:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Aww, never mind though, you can always try again.

sniper:
2.pulled up for the hill start and forgot to select low range on the slapover, it didn’t like doing a hill start in 5th instead of 3rd (blonde moment, no excuse)
:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

I’ve lost track of the number of times I’ve done that on the road and ended up stalling it. Very easy mistake to make.

Paul

Sorry to hear you failed bud :cry: chin up, I will see you soon and we shall drink :laughing: Give me a ring when you get the chance.
Get in there and try again!

How do you know when a tipper driver is messing with your missus?

All your mirrors are broke! :wink:

dont worry!!! i make them mistakes and have been driving 20 years

So there were no street lights then?

If there are street lights it is a 30 mph limit unless signs tell you otherwise

Wheel Nut:
So there were no street lights then?

If there are street lights it is a 30 mph limit unless signs tell you otherwise

Not strictly true, It used to be that if the streetlights were a certain distance apart then that distance would denote it being a 30 limit. Hence quite a few drivers got off of speeding fines by measuring the distance between the posts. I dont think you can get away with that defence anymore. even alot of national speed limits have road lights now, espicially at known accident blackspots.

The reasonably certain the street light ruling still applies, if the columns are 100 metres or less apart then the 30mph speed limit is in force. The deviation comes with the 20mph limit near schools and nurseries, etc but then it’s clearly signed by sign posts and road markings, or both. The 40 mph limit and above are noted by signs at the entry to the limit and then by repeaters at nominal 200metre separation up to the national speed limit signs being the white with diagonal black bar.

the Highway code says “assume that any road with street lights is a 30 mph limit” “unless otherwise specified by signs”

Nothing about distances between the posts.

Repeater signs are not necessary either

Wheel Nut:
the Highway code says “assume that any road with street lights is a 30 mph limit” “unless otherwise specified by signs”

It used to be specified by the distance between street light columns, that I know to be certain, and repeaters are mandatory. The definition has clearly changed regarding the HC but the defining rules are within highways legislation, the HC is a code of practice, not the legislation.

I will look it up and post back later.

CM:

Wheel Nut:

It used to be specified by the distance between street light columns, that I know to be certain, and repeaters are mandatory. The definition has clearly changed regarding the HC but the defining rules are within highways legislation, the HC is a code of practice, not the legislation.

I will look it up and post back later.

I was wrong on the spacings of columns that has changed from the original rules, needed to check for my sake, for those interested try this link:

dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/d … 04746.hcsp

sorry to here you failed but better luck next time

hope that is soon