Failed

Evening Boys & Girls

First post but I have really enjoyed reading the other posts on here.

I failed my class 2 today (Kissed a kerb turning right at a tight junction) 4 minors elsewhere. I’d managed to get about 15 minutes away from the test centre.

I haven’t come on here for a pity party I just thought I’d check in now as I’m probably be going to ask a few questions as I get further down the line.

Waiting for a retest date now so I’ll let you know how i get on.

Cheers

Andy

Nobody fails at anything, it was deferred success, try Dormeasan , a natural herbal remedy by taking drops , made with hops or Kalms , both available from Holland and Barrett or Boots to take the edge of things.
Both have Valerian in the ingredients.

Sorry to hear that bud, its always gutting when does go to pan but better luck next time, sounds like you had a good drive and just a split second didn’t get it right hopefully get a retest soon, kalms definitely help with the nerves, unfortunately if failed 3 times by letting nerves get to me and think must do “this” or I’ll fail and fail because what I do was daft, keep us updated always good to near from other newbies

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks Both.

I don’t think it was nerves, I just over thought the turn and caught myself out.

I’ll get it next time.

Thanks for your advice

Hopefully this nonsense about stopping tests on failing will stop. The full test would much better enable you identify issues with your driving for the next time.

Noremac:
Hopefully this nonsense about stopping tests on failing will stop. The full test would much better enable you identify issues with your driving for the next time.

I got all the way back and nothing was said. I knew that I’d cocked up but I settled myself and cracked on. I didn’t really know the outcome until I parked at the test centre. I got the full hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiddo:

Noremac:

I got all the way back and nothing was said. I knew that I’d cocked up but I settled myself and cracked on. I didn’t really know the outcome until I parked at the test centre. I got the full hour.

Oh, I think it was the way you worded it, that made me think possibly they were still returning on anything occurring which would warrant a fail.

I got a retest date for mid October which wasn’t ideal and then, I got a call on Friday with a cancellation for this coming Tuesday. I can’t wait.

Noremac:

Still happening. And DVSA still blaming COVID.
The test paid for should include the whole test. It would provide vital driving experience. And a chance to drive the test route. All helping when a retest comes around.

I failed a fourth class 1 retest on Friday. It was a different test centre to the one I’d done my training around.
I failed within 5 mins, taking wrong route at a roundabout.
The test could have continued to provide the knowledge of the test route and the vital hour of extra driving. But ended there and then, examiner quoting COVID.

Failed again - gutted.

Got a serious undue hesitation this time due to waiting at a roundabout for too long. I couldn’t be certain so I held and it was battering it down.

I’ll keep going and will crack it eventually.

Gutted for you mate, but you got the truck out and back in one piece, … you go for the space that looks ok and some muppet comes around at warp speed and you are suddenly in his way and make him slow down you would have had that counted against you, All the best for the next time, Failing for that is what I got stuck in my head last time I failed, at a T junction, failed for going to early, instead oh well, onwards to the next one

SquireT:
… you go for the space that looks ok and some muppet comes around at warp speed and you are suddenly in his way and make him slow down you would have had that counted against you

No it wouldn’t, examiners know what is a safe gap and someone coming after you have started doesn’t matter.

No it wouldn’t, examiners know what is a safe gap and someone coming after you have started doesn’t matter.

Thanks. As a newbie I had it in my head that it was the other way round. Schoolboy error on my part. I’ll know better next time.