failed

so fed up. I had my first test at atherton on 6 march… in an manual daf. Failed on signaling too early on exiting a slip road… And following distance when i slowed from 50-40 mph to allow the car to join… It stayed doing 40. I never overtook…
Had to change training providers. So took my test today at bredbury in a daf auto. Failed on scrubbing a curb the second one out of test center!!. i acculated 4 minors for appropriate speed. So another fail.
What annoyed me… to start with i had just done that corner for the first tym an hour before With no issues… And i have got more minors today and for stuff i didnt last time… I got my minors for going too slow at junctions round abouts etc… Said i was too cautious…
But yet non of my instuctors have picked this up…
im at my wits end with it. now have to wait till 14 may… Fed up of waiting for retests its prolonging the agony. Feel like its never going to happen dosenylt help with being fed up with class 2 multi drop

i feel yer pain. U have to believe it. Dont give up.

Yet at the same time financial situation cannot be ignored.

It is a thought one. I gone thro 3 tries myself.

Beavers been there mate. I did it the other way round. Started at Bredbury,and after a couple of fails(class 2),I defected over to Red Rose at Bolton and passed straight away. This was just over a year ago. Went for class 1 about 6 weeks ago,(again at Red Rose),and flew through it.

You will get there mate. Don’t give up. Think of the Beaver tooling around in a brand new DAF XF,aircon on,ridiculous smile on my face,doing 2 or 3 drops a day. No more handball. This will be YOU soon Scott!

I know… Just fed up allready put around £1780 thts inc my third test i havent done yet… Are you guna have another try dan ze man?

Cheers beaver made me chuckle first all day… i will 2 morrow when i have like 16+ drops lol.
I feel the training is so much better at enterprise than redrose. You did enterprise didnt you?

Yeah-to be fair,the lads at Enterprise are good. I had Al and Eddie. Its the test route that’s a bast*rd.

I mentioned on another thread a couple of weeks ago,its one of the lowest pass rates in the country. Going for a lie down now.

Ive been to Stafford and Llandudno today. Lifes tough…

Scott. Does your surname begin with ‘P’ ■■?

If your instructors haven’t felt your progress/speed was too slow but yet the driving examiners have, either you drive differently on the test compared to training sessions (very common), or the instructors are either poor or happy for you to drive slow - which happens if they aren’t confident in your ability. So you get taken to ‘fail your test safely’ to protect the truck/public.

I suggest you don’t skimp on training hours, obviously cost is major issue, take off the test fees and you have paid £1435 for time in the vehicle, so i imagine your initial test was £900 or so for maybe 16 hours training? Fine for capable drivers but maybe you needed a bit more time for the instructor to build your driving ability before the test, once you fail and just get put back in the truck for an hour or so before the test how can you hope to improve? Failing a driving test causes many problems, like confusion regarding what is expected of your drive and more stress to cope with.

But, i’m just guessing, I don’t know you at all, you could just need to relax on test a bit more and drive more naturally, and then maybe you will pass. Try not to drive the truck to please the driving examiner, this causes stress, tell yourself the examiner is just a cab accessory and aim to drive like a true professional instead - then the examiner will see your ability, agree with your standards and say you’ve passed.

I failed my C training twice at Atherton, complete nightmare of a test center I found. So much going on there. Bikes, cars and trucks. Also, the test examiner - Mike Burton, was an absolute misery of a human being (I use that term loosely) to be with for the test. The ■■■■■■■■ just made me feel uncomfortable all the way round. He was impatient and rude.

I ended up going with Chevron in Flint, they have their own test center and everything is so much more relaxed there compared to Atherton. Trainers and test examiner were all brilliant blokes that made the training and test enjoyable. Passed my C with them first time and passed my C+E with them with only 1 minor.

Out of curiosity, who did you train with before changing trainers? I had Town and Country in Kirkby, really, REALLY unprofessional bunch there. They spent (roughly) around 3 hours of MY time in bookies, cafe’s and test center’s.

eagerbeaver:
Yeah-to be fair,the lads at Enterprise are good. I had Al and Eddie. Its the test route that’s a bast*rd.

I mentioned on another thread a couple of weeks ago,its one of the lowest pass rates in the country. Going for a lie down now.

Ive been to Stafford and Llandudno today. Lifes tough…

Im unsure how you are guna cope beaver. Maby a week off haha

eagerbeaver:
Scott. Does your surname begin with ‘P’ ■■?

No it begins with L :smiley: . I also have had AL top bloke

Tockwith Training:
If your instructors haven’t felt your progress/speed was too slow but yet the driving examiners have, either you drive differently on the test compared to training sessions (very common), or the instructors are either poor or happy for you to drive slow - which happens if they aren’t confident in your ability. So you get taken to ‘fail your test safely’ to protect the truck/public.

I suggest you don’t skimp on training hours, obviously cost is major issue, take off the test fees and you have paid £1435 for time in the vehicle, so i imagine your initial test was £900 or so for maybe 16 hours training? Fine for capable drivers but maybe you needed a bit more time for the instructor to build your driving ability before the test, once you fail and just get put back in the truck for an hour or so before the test how can you hope to improve? Failing a driving test causes many problems, like confusion regarding what is expected of your drive and more stress to cope with.

But, i’m just guessing, I don’t know you at all, you could just need to relax on test a bit more and drive more naturally, and then maybe you will pass. Try not to drive the truck to please the driving examiner, this causes stress, tell yourself the examiner is just a cab accessory and aim to drive like a true professional instead - then the examiner will see your ability, agree with your standards and say you’ve passed.

yeh quite right… 16 to begin… Then a further 6.5 hours… I know its nothin to compare but i passed my c2 first go 4 minors… So i cant get my head round it tbh… Obviously i understand the artic has a bigger deal of standard ot driving…
Whats doin my heading is waiting soo long before retests because kinda feel like im looseing my game… tbh he even complimented my positioning on the road on the corner i failed. Said i just turned too early…

Endgame:
I failed my C training twice at Atherton, complete nightmare of a test center I found. So much going on there. Bikes, cars and trucks. Also, the test examiner - Mike Burton, was an absolute misery of a human being (I use that term loosely) to be with for the test. The [zb] just made me feel uncomfortable all the way round. He was impatient and rude.

I ended up going with Chevron in Flint, they have their own test center and everything is so much more relaxed there compared to Atherton. Trainers and test examiner were all brilliant blokes that made the training and test enjoyable. Passed my C with them first time and passed my C+E with them with only 1 minor.

Out of curiosity, who did you train with before changing trainers? I had Town and Country in Kirkby, really, REALLY unprofessional bunch there. They spent (roughly) around 3 hours of MY time in bookies, cafe’s and test center’s.

Strangely enough… He passed my first time in class 2…
It was red rose in bolton… Thats who i did class 2 with. I just felt the daf artic was un aceptable to learn in… Had no power i found it hard to keep a good pace on hills etc…
Were enterprises gose like a train…

scottl5690:

Endgame:
I failed my C training twice at Atherton, complete nightmare of a test center I found. So much going on there. Bikes, cars and trucks. Also, the test examiner - Mike Burton, was an absolute misery of a human being (I use that term loosely) to be with for the test. The [zb] just made me feel uncomfortable all the way round. He was impatient and rude.

Strangely enough… He passed my first time in class 2…
It was red rose in bolton… Thats who i did class 2 with. I just felt the daf artic was un aceptable to learn in… Had no power i found it hard to keep a good pace on hills etc…
Were enterprises gose like a train…

You must have caught him on a good day. I even got my complaint against him upheld. Only got my test fee back, but was £115 less to pay on my next test. Half way round the test he was tapping his pen off of his clipboard and sighing, at one point said “come on mate, you can get through there” <<< He then denied that to the DSA! On his way out of the test centre room, he was saying “I wanna get this test out of the way and get home” he just seemed dead miserable and like he didn’t want to be there from the start.

scottl5690:
I know… Just fed up allready put around £1780 thts inc my third test i havent done yet… Are you guna have another try dan ze man?

I passed on third try.