Failed yet again

Quick recap.
I passed class 2 1st time last December.
Because of Lockdowns I waited until April to take class 1 course and test.
I failed on the reverse. And wasn’t confident reversing going into the test day.
I then had 2 hour reverse training and retest in June.
I failed on the trailer drop.
I managed to get a retest for this morning at a different test centre but same trainer.
For peace of mind I had another 2 hour reversing a few days back.
Today I managed after 2 failed attempts to get out of the test centre yard, and out on the road.
After about 30 mins we headed back to the yard. A major observation fail at a roundabout regarding mirrors.
It’s less than 3 hours ago, still sinking in, but I’ll be back.

English driver 1970:
Quick recap.
I failed on the reverse. And wasn’t confident reversing going into the test day.
I managed to get a retest for this morning at a different test centre but same trainer.
Today I managed after 2 failed attempts to get out of the test centre yard, and out on the road.
After about 30 mins we headed back to the yard. A major observation fail at a roundabout regarding mirrors.

I think the main thing is don’t let it get you down! so many variables when taking tests that can go against you that are sometimes out of your control, but as you say take a step back re-evaluate come back stronger and im sure no doubt you’ll pass next time! persistance pays off :smiley:

English driver 1970:
Quick recap.

keep looking in your mirrors! btw…why did you fail on the trailer drop?

carryfast-yeti:

English driver 1970:
Quick recap.

keep looking in your mirrors! btw…why did you fail on the trailer drop?

Sorry to hear this,you will get there in the end.

It’s getting embarrassing. I failed for the 4th time on Friday.
Took another 4 hours of training the day before.
Failed on taking wrong route at a roundabout, 5 mins into the drive, back to the test centre.

Frustrating as retest 1 and 2 I didn’t get out the yard. Having extra training has hopefully cleared this up.
But now retest 3 and 4 have ended minutes into the drive and returning to the test centre over silly mistakes. Examiner blaming COVID.
Retest 3 and 4 have taken place at a different test centre to 1st 2 retests. Not an area I trained in. And I’ve used 5 different vehicles throughout.

To finish retests 3 and 4 would have been beneficial. As still not drove the route.
But examiners still won’t touch anything. Masks, gloves still worn. Windows half down.
And sitting as close to their door as possible.

That’s a nightmare mate [emoji849]