Failed Test and Fuming

Carryfast:

jakethesnake:
Confusion bs.Feel free to explain rule 221.

Why?

Because it’s obviously relevant to the idea that an artic moving to the right to make a left hand turn should be expected by following traffic.Which leaves the question what is it about that rule which you seem to be having trouble understanding.

Really so you are saying car drivers who know nothing about driving lorries should expect a lorry to move right before turning left when obviously signalling left. Are you crazy?

No lorry should move to the right before turning left. That is bad driving and confuses others. Even I got taught that on my class one in the 60’s or do you like many others make up your own rules. :unamused:

Carryfast:

alamcculloch:
The fact of the matter is that you have to take it on the chin. I failed on C+E about twenty years ago and thought that I should have past , unfortunately the examiner thought otherwise!!. Have a full and frank discussion with your instructor and come back here after you pass.

The way I read it is that the fail was based on the premise that a left turn must be made without leaving enough room for a car to go along the nearside at any point on the approach or during the turn.As I said so long as mirror checks and signal was carried out before starting the turn rule 221 then applies to following traffic.

I think you obviously read it wrong. How the hell would you get round tighter corners if that was the case? Makes me wonder if you have ever driven a lorry.

I have read several stories about disgruntled drivers who failed a test, you can appeal the decision, the best you are ever going to get is a free retest, no one will get the result overturned. And the OP banging on about time taken, there is no limit or expected time, the examiner wants to see a safe drive, not a perfect one.

I think my HGV 3 was about 1 hour 20 minutes, my class one took less than 40 minutes, both me and my instructor thought I must have failed as it was over so quick. It was because I knew what to expect, there are no sneaky tricks used to fail you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:
I have read several stories about disgruntled drivers who failed a test, you can appeal the decision, the best you are ever going to get is a free retest, no one will get the result overturned. And the OP banging on about time taken, there is no limit or expected time, the examiner wants to see a safe drive, not a perfect one.

I think my HGV 3 was about 1 hour 20 minutes, my class one took less than 40 minutes, both me and my instructor thought I must have failed as it was over so quick. It was because I knew what to expect, there are no sneaky tricks used to fail you.

Never heard of a free retest. Did you ever hear of anyone getting one? You are quite correct about time limits though and NO there are no sneaky tricks.

jakethesnake:

Wheel Nut:

Never heard of a free retest. Did you ever hear of anyone getting one? You are quite correct about time limits though and NO there are no sneaky tricks.

I didn’t but the government obviously did.

Appeal your driving test
You can appeal if you think your examiner did not follow the regulations when they carried out your test.

Your test result cannot be changed, but you might get a free retest if your appeal is successful.

www.gov.org

Oh right, I knew about the appealing side but never gone into it an any detail because it’s usually completely pointless. Free retest…learn something new everyday. :smiley:

jakethesnake:

Carryfast:

jakethesnake:
Confusion bs.Feel free to explain rule 221.

Why?

Because it’s obviously relevant to the idea that an artic moving to the right to make a left hand turn should be expected by following traffic.Which leaves the question what is it about that rule which you seem to be having trouble understanding.

Really so you are saying car drivers who know nothing about driving lorries should expect a lorry to move right before turning left when obviously signalling left. Are you crazy?

No lorry should move to the right before turning left. That is bad driving and confuses others. Even I got taught that on my class one in the 60’s or do you like many others make up your own rules. :unamused:

Car drivers do need to read the highway code so which part of rule 221 don’t you understand assuming you can read.It seems clear to me that you’re the one who couldn’t even drive a lwb Transit in the wrong place let alone an artic.

jakethesnake:

Carryfast:

alamcculloch:
The fact of the matter is that you have to take it on the chin. I failed on C+E about twenty years ago and thought that I should have past , unfortunately the examiner thought otherwise!!. Have a full and frank discussion with your instructor and come back here after you pass.

The way I read it is that the fail was based on the premise that a left turn must be made without leaving enough room for a car to go along the nearside at any point on the approach or during the turn.As I said so long as mirror checks and signal was carried out before starting the turn rule 221 then applies to following traffic.

I think you obviously read it wrong. How the hell would you get round tighter corners if that was the case? Makes me wonder if you have ever driven a lorry.

Makes me wonder if you can read.So now you’re agreeing with me that it’s actually ok to leave a large enough gap on the nearside which a car ‘could’ potentially drive into ?.

I feel this argument is confusing for the o/p. It is perhaps a bit far-fetched that this turn was really that tight. How many ninety degree left turns at lights while straddling are really that tight? I mean was there not measured out artic turning space at these lights?

Perhaps visit the junction and see what other artics do?

It is a driving error is the bottom line.

Noremac:
I feel this argument is confusing for the o/p. It is perhaps a bit far-fetched that this turn was really that tight. How many ninety degree left turns at lights while straddling are really that tight? I mean was there not measured out artic turning space at these lights?

Perhaps visit the junction and see what other artics do?

It is a driving error is the bottom line.

I understand what you are saying Noremac and I agree however I am sure the examiner will have explained where it went wrong or offered to explain.(In the heat of the moment the o/p may not have taken the comments in therefore…
In reality the o/p needs to talk the situation with his instructor and hopefully practice the particular junction again before the next test.