Failed my class one

On friday :frowning: I nailed the reverse which was my main concern then the git goes and fails me for not taking a very tight corner wide enough so that I didnt use the oncoming lane for a bit of space instead of going up the kerb. Would of passed otherwise never mind I have a re-test for thursday now and I am driving the arctic at work this week to get some practise on so hopefully I wont be needing another Ā£250 to do another one!

better luck next time :smiley:

oh and welcome to trucknet!

Sorry to here you failed but as you should have know you dont hit the kerb as this is a fail

if you are workin why are you payin for it :question: and not the boss :question: I take it there will be a qualified driver with you next week when you are out in the artic :question:

Good luck for thur and dont make the same mistake

Took me 3 goes!

Bet you can nail it in 2!

animal:
Sorry to here you failed but as you should have know you dont hit the kerb as this is a fail

if you are workin why are you payin for it :question: and not the boss :question: I take it there will be a qualified driver with you next week when you are out in the artic :question:

Good luck for thur and dont make the same mistake

I am paying for it out of my own pocket as A. Boss is a tight get and B. I have a job and lorry with my name on waiting for me when I pass so I need to get it done asap before they let someone else have it. I am with class one driver yes and I knew hitting kerb is a fail hence me using the oncoming lane(nothing coming obviously) but I should really of took it wider to start with. I have three days in arctic so hopefully the practise will do me good and I will get some reversing practise in to when I am going on to loading bays. Cant wait as I just want it over and done with. I am not impressed with my instructor at all. I had to drive nearly 50 miles away just to practise reversing and spent over 2 hours in a crash on M1 one day so I litterally learnt nothing :unamused: So I dont think iā€™ve done bad after only 12 hours real training. It funny as when I suggested Langer airfield for this as it is closer to Nottingham he said we couldnā€™t as the company wont pay for it its pathetic.

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Welcome OllieNotts :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:** ![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGOARTICWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGOWDWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGORIGIDWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGOARTICWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGOWDWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGORIGIDWinCE.jpg)

Who is your training school :question:

I dont wanna say untill I have passed. I have sent an email and they never even bothered to reply :unamused: Were happy enough taking another Ā£250 off me for 2 hours of the truck and test though. Very bad service in my opinion but as they are the only firm I found to have an arctic instead of wagon and drag I just want to pass my test and then I will post how I think it is bad and who they are and you can make your own minds up then.

So we will wait for a dairy on thur then

Good luck with it all

OllieNotts:
On friday :frowning: I nailed the reverse which was my main concern then the git goes and fails me for not taking a very tight corner wide enough so that I didnt use the oncoming lane for a bit of space instead of going up the kerb. Would of passed otherwise never mindā€¦

Do you regard the fail as your fault or that of the examiner :question:

ROG:

OllieNotts:
On friday :frowning: I nailed the reverse which was my main concern then the git goes and fails me for not taking a very tight corner wide enough so that I didnt use the oncoming lane for a bit of space instead of going up the kerb. Would of passed otherwise never mindā€¦

Well I would say it is my fault of course, I made a bad decision of how to approach the corner. I felt it was harsh marking it down as a serious fault but then he is the examiner and now I know not to do same again so my positioning will be much improved by the time thursday comes :slight_smile:

OllieNotts:

ROG:

OllieNotts:

Well I would say it is my fault of course, I made a bad decision of how to approach the corner. I felt it was harsh marking it down as a serious fault but then he is the examiner and now I know not to do same again so my positioning will be much improved by the time thursday comes :slight_smile:

PHEW :exclamation: :exclamation: - I did hope that would be your answer :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Iā€™ve known a number of trainees who will blame the examiner every time for THEIR fail and having such a viewpoint means that they will not learn from their errors.

Taking the test can be as much a state of mind as well as skill.

Yeah I was the most nervous I have ever been about owt I felt sick lol. The examiner told me on when we were approaching the lorry he was known as the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  and after seeing my reaction he said ā€œoh I will earn my wages today with youā€ in a rather condersending voice so I was automatically head mashed straight away :unamused:
And I respect the fact he failed me as he is taught to make sure he signs the certificate to say we are safe drivers I just thought it was a tad harsh for what I failed on and maybe with another I would of only been marked asa minor fault but hey ho that is life I will move on and just be hopeful I will pass thursday :stuck_out_tongue:

Hard luck Ollie - although if you kerb it you are pretty well certain to fail, especially if you could have taken more room. Bad judgement, but hey it sometimes happens.