Failed...Class 2!

Hello all,

Yeserday I took my class 2 test in Peterborough, and as you can see from the subject, it didnt go as planned.

This was my first attempt, but still doesnt make the 15minor 5 serious score line any easier to deal with. However, I have learnt a very serious lesson, its not over until its over!

The first thing I did at the test centre (after the safety questions) was the reversing, this was going well although I opted to go for a small shunt just to make sure, I was backing up towards the marked area with no problems, when I was happy that I was there I got out to make sure that I had reached the marked area.

This is where it started to go down hill, I noticed I was about 6 inches short so decided to go back some more. let’s just say I didnt judge the 6inches well it might as well have been 2ft! The examiner came up to me and said that I had just touched the barrier, that was it for me, I was gutted and so annoyed.

To my surprise once I had driven forward the examiner got back in the cab and resumed the test and we went on to the emergency braking exercise.

In my head I had told myself that I had failed and my mind was on a different planet, although the drive itself went well, I went on to make silly mistakes such as:

• Not checking my blind spot when pulling away (repetative)
  • Not checking my mirror after indicating and changing lane (repetative)
  • Not enough observation when exiting roundabouts (repetative)

When I got back to the test station the examiner and told me that he would have ignored the reversing error if the drive itself and gone better. (how gutted was I)

All the mistakes I made were totally avoidable and would have come as second nature had my mind been focused on the test.

I now have my retest booked for the 27th March, so I will have to wait until then to put it right! Although I am still very gutted, I am happy of the progress I have made over the 20hours that I trained in the vehicle and feel confident for my next attempt.

On another note, before anybody asks, I did my training with Priestley LGV, and I honestly cant speak highly enough of them, I would recommend them to anyone.

Les and Wendy (Mothertrucker) made me feel relaxed and confident and were always happy to answer any questions I had. Thanks guys!! See you on the 27th!!!

Finally (sorry to go on) to anyone about to take there test, remember its not over until you’re back in the training centre with the engine off, give 100% for the whole duration of the test.

Thanks.

That was rotten luck on the day Seb but glad to hear that you are still thinking positive.
Glad it hasnt knocked your confidence and pleased to hear you are looking forward to your retest.
See ya on 27th

Unlucky mate - get back on the horse and kick some arse - you`ll nail it on the next one :wink:

Unlucky m8 it will be second time lucky look forward to see your pass post on 27th March :wink:

NEXT TIME = :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I failed mine first time , i found the second test way better as i sort of knew what was coming, end result 3 minors, stay positive and all wil be well :smiley:

Sorry you failed better luck next time as you have said you have learnt from your mistakes

Good luck with the 27 th March

sorry to hear about your test :frowning:

i made a real mess of my first test before xmas, passed second time in january (5 driving faults)

found it a lot better second time

less nerves

all the best for your next test

good luck :slight_smile:

Well Done on the pass kiw

Sounds like you were nervous sebgsmith.

Don’t worry mate, you’ll get it next time. I got my C second go and my C+E second go, and both times it was due to being nervous and lacking in confidence.

Luckily, my friendly doctor gave me some beta-blockers to calm me for the retests, that helped a great deal…

Thanks all for the posistive feedback.

I suppose a lot did come down to nerves, at least I know what to expect next time!!

Roll on 27/03/08…

still on for the 27th?

good luck if you are sure you will get it this time :smiley:

good luck for next time

bad luck m8, know exactly how it feels, checking blind spots got me too.

kiw:
still on for the 27th?

Yeah its still on! My test is booked for 12pm tommorow at the Peterborugh test centre.

I will let you know the result!

fingers crossed :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

sebgsmith:

kiw:
still on for the 27th?

Yeah its still on! My test is booked for 12pm tommorow at the Peterborugh test centre.

Blimey :exclamation: , darkseeker had his CE there today at the same time

Good luck for tomorrow matey.

New Blood

Yep, I’ll second that, the very best of luck to you. :slight_smile:

sebgsmith:

kiw:
still on for the 27th?

Come on then… How did you get on :question: :question: :question:

Hi Sebgsmith,
You seem to have disappeard, hope you are okay? If things don’t work out people in our group can always help you out and make things a little better for you. :confused: It’s the way this forum works, we are all friends and here to help each other.
Regards Smokinbarrels :smiley: