Failed class 2

I’ve passed my retest today :slight_smile: some minor points - got little bit lost on independent driving (road closure) and… wait for this… truck lost air compression when waiting for my test and all alarms and buzzers went off and I didn’t know it’s taking that long to build pressure up and I though that truck is broken :blush: but examiner was very understanding and just told me to wait. after all I’ve asked instructor and he said there’s small air leak :open_mouth: surely they should teach me about it before…
overall (training and test) experience was very stressful and unpleasant. especially my training center time keeping (they’ve wasted 2 days of my holidays cancelling last minute), trucks condition, and the fact that on first test attempt I did better but failed.
anyway…end of story: I’VE PASSED !!!

krishm:
I’ve passed my retest today :slight_smile: some minor points - got little bit lost on independent driving (road closure) and… wait for this… truck lost air compression when waiting for my test and all alarms and buzzers went off and I didn’t know it’s taking that long to build pressure up and I though that truck is broken :blush: but examiner was very understanding and just told me to wait. after all I’ve asked instructor and he said there’s small air leak :open_mouth: surely they should teach me about it before…
overall (training and test) experience was very stressful and unpleasant. especially my training center time keeping (they’ve wasted 2 days of my holidays cancelling last minute), trucks condition, and the fact that on first test attempt I did better but failed.
anyway…end of story: I’VE PASSED !!!

Well done mate you didn’t give up and you got your licence [emoji4]

Congratulations on the pass.

Might help others if you mention which training centre it was.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hey well done. First test will become a distant memory :slight_smile:

Does sound very dodgy giving you a truck with a “slight air leak” - is that even road legal? Really don’t need that kindof thing happening when you’re already stressed and sounds like they aren’t the best outfit cancelling at short notice like that. Also doesn’t suggest they’ve got much of a contingency plan.

Just remember to change training providers (to Peter perhaps) when doing class C + E. You will do that, mostly to stop all the folks in the professional driver forum calling you a “van driver”. :wink:

thank you, thank you :smiley: “van driver” ■■ right now I feel like a jet pilot :sunglasses:
I was with atkins, birstall. friendly people and my instructor (Andy) was great. but… I was very unhappy with time keeping and trucks
next step: CPC :unamused:

The complete package of quality is the road to success IMO. Why make life hard??

trevHCS:
Does sound very dodgy giving you a truck with a “slight air leak” - is that even road legal? Really don’t need that kindof thing happening when you’re already stressed and sounds like they aren’t the best outfit cancelling at short notice like that. Also doesn’t suggest they’ve got much of a contingency plan.

Just remember to change training providers (to Peter perhaps) when doing class C + E. You will do that, mostly to stop all the folks in the professional driver forum calling you a “van driver”. :wink:

When I passed me class 2, I was on the last leg of the test, 2 mins from the test centre, and there was a ■■■■ cyclist, that I struggled to get past as the clutch on the truck had started slipping :open_mouth: examiner said if I hadn’t have passed him when I did, he’d have failed me :open_mouth:

I was luckier than the other guy who was supposed to have his test that afternoon, examiner ‘advised’ instructor to cancel, due to trucks condition. He was well ■■■■■■ off!

When I passed me class 2, I was on the last leg of the test, 2 mins from the test centre, and there was a ■■■■ cyclist, that I struggled to get past as the clutch on the truck had started slipping :open_mouth: examiner said if I hadn’t have passed him when I did, he’d have failed me :open_mouth:

I was luckier than the other guy who was supposed to have his test that afternoon, examiner ‘advised’ instructor to cancel, due to trucks condition. He was well ■■■■■■ off!

I believe I’ve mentioned before that standards in the training industry vary widely. Cheapest is rarely best. It really is a matter of buyer beware.

Maybe it’s a plan to use a trainer with a reputation they don’t want to loose.