Failed class 2 with 10 minors

Hi everyone, i took my class 2 on the 27th jan, i did my training in birmingham with jcoates who did a great job and got me to test standard by the 2nd day of training, the other 2 days my driving was excellent and my instructor was getting very picky to stop me from becoming complacent, i must say his training was brilliant and i feel like i let him down as unfortunatly i failed my test. On the test i did everything spot on, mirrors mirrors mirrors and more mirrors i hit no kerbs, my awareness was spot on, i checked every pedestrian, van, lorry and bus through with my mirrors, i checked mirrors approaching every single traffic light, i considered it to be a near perfect drive, for 1hour and 26 mins it was all going so well depsite my nerves and shaking like a leaf. Once told i had failed and the reason for failing was 4 mins on a dual carriage way which used to be a single carriage way and a dedicated bus lane, i never got up to 40 mph and i picked up 5 minors in those 4 mins which equated to a serious driving fault yet i made progress everywhere else! I know im not the examiner but this road wasnt safe to do 40 mph on as it was immpossible to see around the corners. I feel gutted bigtime, yet the examiner told me to drive the same next time and i would pass WTF.
There is a lesson to be learnt here, make sure you get up to the speed limit and forget about safety and caution. And DVLA claim they dont have a pass fail quota, yer right
These are my 10 minors. Mirrors change of direction 1, necessary signals 2, timing of signal 1, Progress appropiate speed 5, junctions appropriate speed 1.
If you are about to take your test dont let this put you off its only intended to give you an insight of what they are looking for.
I think i will now continue my crying :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :angry:

I know its hard to swallow,but keep your head up and go for it again.You will sail it next time

thats a right shame .i have my test on tuesday but im worrying about that bloody reversing .ive only done it once and now cant remember a thing about the cones over this weekend ill have to try sort a method out because apart from that im in with a good chance .if i dont no how to reverse then ive no chance at all and i want this more than anything .
better luck next time im sure youll pass

That’s really harsh mate, sorry to hear that. I had a similar thing with my class 1, not getting up to speed even when I thought it wasn’t safe. He said 1 more minor and I would of failed for it, although in the end I failed on hill start 5 mins from the test centre. Had had a lovely drive in my eyes too and given 100%, to the point where I didn’t want a re test. I took a re test a week later and passed with 3 minors, I drove no where as clean as my first test either.

I would have been gutted with that result its a real shame so much for giving a safe drive have a cry and a pint then nail it on your retest good luck

Jennie x

Well stop “crying over spilt milk” as they say on mon morning go & re book your test & poss a day refresher

Sorry you didnt pass this time but you can do it

Thanks for your kind comments guys, i have already booked a retest for 17th feb, i must be honest i didnt really want to as its a big kick in the confidence to drive well and fail.
emmajane dont worry about the reverse, you will find on test day there is loads of room to do it, just make sure you get round the fist cone and take your time, your instructor has pointed out the blob on the mudgaurd or side rail for stopping in the bay, my advice is stop even shorter of it, handbrake on engine off get out and have a look, apparently i stopped within half inch of the barrier, which i think was too close, good luck on your test, let us know how you get on :wink:

Glad to see you decided to go for a retest, Good luck & think posative!!! :smiley: