Failed Class 1

Hi,

I failed my Class 1 a few weeks ago for clipping a curb on a tight left turn at a roundabout. The road curved quite far left and the lanes get narrower and I messed up my positioning. Other than that I only had two minors so on the whole I did quite well. I have some extra pressure as im leaving the RAF soon and as we have to give a years notice ive been “leaving” for a while now. I booked a retest straight away and its on Tuesday so fingers crossed it will go well. Im feeling pretty positive and I think ill manage it this time as long as everyone stays off the roads at 1330 in darlington! :smiley:.

All I want to do is be a trucker and see as much of the country as possible. At least I have my Class 2 to fall back on if I need to but how do people find the Class 2 job market? Im living in Leeds which seems to be a good area for haulage.

Thanks

Hey I failed mine yesterday so I feel ya pain…class 2 work seems to be ok in west and South Yorkshire but I know what you mean about being a trucker I have a 20yr career as a chef and all I wanna do is drive artics…good luck on the re test!

Hey, I’m based in Leeds too. I’m hoping the class 2 market is OK as that’s what I’m currently aiming to do once I’m qualified and before I go for my class 1.

We deliver a lot to the south Yorkshire area, lots of haulage firms there.

Radar19:
We deliver a lot to the south Yorkshire area, lots of haulage firms there.

Yeh south and west is good as you have Leeds, Sheffield and Doncaster all fairly close together. I really Want to be a Tramper on Class 1 but Tramping on Class 2 seems not to be that well paid. I’m looking for about £400 a week AFTER TAX to make it worth while for me considering child care and trying to save for a house deposit. But lets see how the test goes.

Happy to say I passed yesterday second time round. Just goes to show that you should always book a retest and try again. Cheers