Failed cat C test today :( One stupid mistake

Well done!! :laughing: :laughing:

Congratulations, a pass is a pass, 11 minors so what? 1 minor or 15 you still passed :smiley:

Congratulations buddy you deserve it. :wink:

Soon be out on the road I’m sure :slight_smile:

Well done mate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:,

Bet you now have a face like this… :grimacing: ( and not a smashed crab!) :wink:

well done buddy. best feeling in the world when he says you passed, i had my mod 4 yesterday and passed that, sent my licence off yesterday, next is to try and find a job that doesnt want 2 years expieriance. again mate well done

beastybikes:
well done buddy. best feeling in the world when he says you passed, i had my mod 4 yesterday and passed that, sent my licence off yesterday, next is to try and find a job that doesnt want 2 years expieriance. again mate well done

If I was you I would get some experience through an agency first it will be alot easier to find work that way. Plus you never know you may get taken on full time by the company your placed at :wink: Thats my plan anyway once I’ve passed. :slight_smile:

MrHappy:

charliebear:
good luck for your next test. I know exactly how you feel, all of my fails have been on silly things, like hitting the barrier on the reverse, clipping a kerb, hitting the n/s mirror on another truck etc :unamused:
You’ll get there in the end, dont give up.

Silly things■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I’d hate to see what you class as serious :open_mouth:

according to my instructor, they are silly things to fail on as you are more than capable of not doing those things, its all down to awareness and planning. it was all things that rarely happened in training, mostly as i wasnt as nervous in training as i was when on test… still, nailed the test eventually, with only 4 minors.

Well after reading the thread it looks like it all worked out for you in the end.

As many will probably say this is where the real learning starts.

I passed my Cat C back in 2007 with a company in nottingham but the guy that was with me who was also up for the test 1st before me didnt which puts a dampener on things prior your own test. But after 3.5 days of training and only ever been with my old man when i was younger in his FL10 320 i passed 1st time with 4 minors.

I have since to go on to work for a local company, lucky enough the transport side of who i was working for in the warehouse at the time and after being with them 2 years they put me through my Cat C+E at Swinnerton (Stoke/Stafford area) which i passed that with only 2 minors.

Now with the same company I regularly drive there draw-bars on nights with the odd artic work when required due to them only having the one unit.

Still enjoying but like anyone on here you still tend to look round to better yourself (and your wallet)

Hope it all works out well for you

Mick

Congratulations on your pass, well pleased for you :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: You’ll be grinning for days…possably weeks!!!, :wink:

yea ul b grinning alright until that first day u go out on your own i remeber the first time i went out on my todd i got into all sorts of trouble :laughing: but after a a couple of weeks if that u will settle down into your ways n think what the ■■■■ was i worried about good luck dude :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thank you all for your replys, it’s been four days since I passed and it still doesn’t seem real. Every rigid truck that I see I get that “I can drive that feeling” and it is a massive relief to know I now have an escape route from my current job.

My journey is not over yet though, hopefully within the next few days I will book my C+E training, the funds are there but I’m still getting over the stress of the last couple of weeks, I have never been as nervous as I was on Tuesday morning, and still can’t understand how i managed to pass the test.

Thanks for the advice Wrams but I don’t think it would be wise for me to quit my job for uncertain agency work at the moment. Despite me absolutely hating my current job, it’s less than a mile from my house and fairly well paid. I have a mortgage to pay and a girlfriend to keep in expensive shoes. My only sensible route out of it is to get permanent full-time work and from what I understand that is not what agency’s can provide. I know it’s a bit of a taboo subject on here but Eddie Stobart’s chilled depot at Newark is only 15 miles from where I live and I think once I’ve got my full entitlement I will be knocking on their door. Does anybody know of any other companies in or around Nottinghamshire that are willing to give a new guy a chance?

get ya class 1 done a s a p i did class 2 for nearly 3 yr before i did mine n although the time i spent on the rd helped a lot when i drivin a class1 for the first time i wish id have took the plundge sooner i found the longer u wait the more daunting it can seem good luck buddy :smiley:

I think i’m going to sort it out on Monday mate. I’m going to have to come clean with my bosses about what I’ve been up to for the past couple of months though, if I try to put in another weeks holiday anytime soon questions are going to be asked, that is what is holding me back from booking it.

I agree. If the funds are there. Book your class 1 ASAP. All the training you’ve done is still fresh in your mind. As soon as my class 2 licence came I booked class one course.

Gavtheskav:
I agree. If the funds are there. Book your class 1 ASAP. All the training you’ve done is still fresh in your mind. As soon as my class 2 licence came I booked class one course.

I have decided to do exactly the same and get my class 1 rather than my first choice of getting experience of class 2. Great advice and as you mentioned its all still fresh in your mind :wink:

I’ve booked my C+E training for the last week of July and am really looking forward to it. I also managed to book the time off work no questions asked, so they are still blissfully unaware of my escape plan. It’s beginning to look like I will be able to complete this mission without them knowing anything about it.

nice one pal

SmashedCrabFace:
I’ve booked my C+E training for the last week of July and am really looking forward to it. I also managed to book the time off work no questions asked, so they are still blissfully unaware of my escape plan. It’s beginning to look like I will be able to complete this mission without them knowing anything about it.

Love it. Do you hate the place you work that bad?

In short, yes. The only good thing about it is the money, it pays fairly well, but money isn’t everything. I’m only 26 but I’ve come to realise that being happy in your work is worth so much more. Because they pay well, they think you’ll never leave, I can’t wait for their faces when I hand in my notice.

As the saying goes happy in work. Happy in life. :smiley: