Failed C+E

Well failed my c+e today. Put wheels on kerb on double roundabout about 5 mins from end of test. Felt I’d had a bad drive from start after mistake on reverse meant I had to shunt right back to the start. Went in after that though. Thought I’d caused a car to slow on exit from test centre then went off on what felt like one of the worst drives of the week. Got back near test centre when the examiner checked his watch then asked me to do a right then left at next two roundabouts. Got round first but then rushed preparation for left turn and didn’t take up both lanes so was too close to the kerb and went up it when I turned. Got back 5 minutes later did uncouple/couple then told as expected I’d failed. Unfortunately we only went that way because we were back to early!! Picked up 4 minors including 1 for the shunt. Gutted when I saw how few minors I got as thought I’d failed early on. Have to wait for available slot for retest now :frowning:

Sorry mate, but next time you know exactly what you have to do, and 4 minors shows you are ready and can do it. Took me two goes for rigid so I know how you are feeling? Next time…!

Will be easier next time im sure , Not easy test to do , I will probably expect a fail tbh lol as my nerves where shot first time with class 2 . How much for retest?.

Got round first but then rushed preparation for left turn and didn’t take up both lanes

that’s the biggest problem for a lot of drivers even the ones that have been doing the job for years …

Slow down and chill . its not a race even when you pass and get a job its not a competition…

good luck

How much for retest?

About £300 for four hours and test. Haven’t got any test slots available at the moment so will have to wait. May try other companies in the area while the training is still fresh otherwise will probably need a days practice

t595:

How much for retest?

About £300 for four hours and test. Haven’t got any test slots available at the moment so will have to wait. May try other companies in the area while the training is still fresh otherwise will probably need a days practice

a lot of money I know was 280 for class 2 kind of adds to the blow of failing lol, I thought they had to get you into next available slot?.

t595:

How much for retest?

That was my reaction too, find another trainer. Then I thought better of it; way I looked at it is that I have spent time and money learning to feel confident in a vehicle, and it will take longer getting happy in a different vehicle. Also if the test slots are gone that will apply to all companies, and you don’t want to move to a different test center and have test routes you haven’t practised on.

Personally I would be patient and wait, and stick with same routes and vehicle. I had a 2 month delay (for other reasons) and it came straight back to me when I jumped in cab again. If you can get a test before end of school holidays that will be a bonus as you won’t have so much traffic about. Best of luck.