Failed C+E

Hi all as the title says I failed my test today, right at the start doing the reversing manoeuvre. Did manage to park in the bay, unfortunately I panicked beforehand and got in a mess and ended up going over the yellow line near the bay. What I should of done is take a shunt earlier. For the life of me I don’t know why I didn’t, and am kicking myself for it now.

Anyway at this point I knew that had cost the test, the examiner asked if I’d like to continue, so I decided to go ahead. Out for a good 50 or so minutes, came back knowing I’d gave a good drive. Got 3 minors, didn’t bother with the coupling stuff. Gonna book a re-test.

sorry to hear that, it really is a farce if u ask me, yeah ok u went few inches over big deal, the fact u got only 3 minors says u are a good driver…anyway we cant change the law from here, but good luck, it took me 3 times, but once u get it then thats it for life so keep going.

That ■■■■■ mate.

The shunt thing is one of those human reactions. Your worried about the manoeuvre and your brain is busy trying to work out how your gonna get out of the pickle and forgets about the easiest option, in this case a shunt.

I did it yesterday practicing the reverse, completely forgot about the shunt until my instructor mentioned it to me.

That’s really unfortunate :frowning: At least you go into your next test with knowledge that you had a very good drive the previous time.

Good luck!

:frowning:

Sorry…

Thanks for the support guys, well done on passing mark!

Sorry about your outcome but as you said 3 minors is an excellent drive and you can go into your retest with a few less nerves good luck for when you do it

Jx

good luck on next test

Sorry to hear that you should nail it next time

Keep us all informed

Good luck

John

Good luck on your re test - 3 minors is an excellent result - a little more reversing practice and you will sail through next time

SubFocus:
Hi all as the title says I failed my test today, right at the start doing the reversing manoeuvre. Did manage to park in the bay, unfortunately I panicked beforehand and got in a mess and ended up going over the yellow line near the bay. What I should of done is take a shunt earlier. For the life of me I don’t know why I didn’t, and am kicking myself for it now.

Hi SubFocus,

I know that feeling, cos I’ve been there too!! :grimacing:

I cocked-up the reverse on my first artic test back in 1979, but I slightly brushing a cone with a trailer tyre. Exactly the same as you, I could have taken a shunt, but didn’t. To this day, I can’t explain why either!!

:bulb: Trust me mate, you’ll only be kicking yourself until you get the licence, then the test failure will become a distant memory and your next problem will become how to take the big silly “test passer’s” grin off your face. :grimacing:

I have a feeling that you might nail it next time, so Good Luck!! :smiley:

Like my instructor used to say “Don’t be a [zb] take a shunt”. Goodluck next time mate, you have the on the road ability as you only had 3 minors, dont take a chance and take that shunt :smiley:

When the auto censor catches a word, please leave it alone, because re-spelling or doctoring the word by using asterisks does NOT make a word become acceptable. dd.

Haha ^^ Thanks again for you’re encouragement everyone.

Don’t worry about it mate, a few years ago now I failed three c+e tests in a row - the first two only had 3-4minors as well (the third, I’m still trying hard to forget :laughing: ), had to give up because it was costing a small fortune - I was good enough, everybody agreed on that - I just kept making silly mistakes on the test (nerves I suppose).

so I gave it a couple of years to sort the money out a bit and get some experience with the class 2’s and eventually went back and nailed it first time. Sounds to me though that you’ll most likely get it next time, try to keep your cool and really concentrate on what you’re doing (concentrate doesn’t mean stare and tense your muscles a bit) - you know how to do everything, if you’re making a real point of thinking about ONLY that, you can’t be worrying about old sadsacks sat next to you, can you? :laughing:

Everyone says it but one more time - TAKE YOUR TIME! The more you rush, the less time you’ll give yourself to see/do/think :wink:

Been there SubFocus, 3 times :cry: :cry: :cry:
Went back too far and touched the barrier, flattened the middle cone and didn’t look right on leaving the test centre :blush: :blush:
The reverse is bollox to be honest, in ‘real life’ you never do that manoeuvre (well I’ve never done it) so why not teach you to reverse onto a loading bay or between 2 parked trailers? :unamused: :unamused:

Been there too, four times (as of today), messed up the reverse on 2 occasions, hit a mirror on one, and ran over a kerb on another! :unamused:
Best of luck next time :smiley: