Failed before i start

hi all
had a letter back from the dvla today after a long wait,failed my eye sight test i think it’s the one ehere you close one eye stare at the centre dot and click when white lights flash, any way if i was to wear glasses could i correct this

mikeaber:
hi all
had a letter back from the dvla today after a long wait,failed my eye sight test i think it’s the one ehere you close one eye stare at the centre dot and click when white lights flash, any way if i was to wear glasses could i correct this

How come you did a VF (visual fields) test when its not part of the D4 medical?

hi Rog i think it’s because i have bell palsy

Hope you have now ordered glasses to correct this to help

I have this test done every year as my mam has Glaucoma ( sp)

As I understand it, glasses won’t correct for that sort of problem (i.e. defective peripheral vision). I think you need to find out exactly what part of the eyesight test(s) you havde failed on, and ask your optician what (if anything) can be done to rectify this.

Do you have an NHS eye hospital nearby that does the DVLA VF test?

i have made another appointment at specsavers to hopefully sort the problem out or should i go to my local doctor orhospital

mikeaber:
i have made another appointment at specsavers to hopefully sort the problem out or should i go to my local doctor orhospital

Start with specsavers 1st then ask your Dr if need be

hooray
just got my provisional licence after 8 months of arguing with the tossers at specsavers for doing the wrong field of vision test and not admiting they were wrong and the dvla for not noticing i had wrong test so anyway can’t wait to get on with it, booked my theory and hazard perception test and got my discount voucher

congrats matey