Failed again

Anyone know any truck schools in Nottingham with an artic? My driving is near perfect according to examiner. I completely messed up the reverse and hit the cone and lost it :frowning:
Reason I want a Nottingham school is my school is based in Leceister and they take you to practise your reverse in Hinkley which is a three hour round trip so you only actually get one hour reversing in :unamused: I emailed said company about this as it was a massive concern for me especially when that silly bint ran accross the M1 the other week and I was sat for two hours on M1 as it made me lose a whole day and suprise suprise I got no response! I know I can do the reverse to which is so fustrating. I was perfect last week and know I can drive to a safe acceptable standard but obviously my brain wasnt playing and I never took the option of the drive as my head was all over the place and to be frank I think I would of been a danger to other road users and pedestrains.
I really am in two minds wether to carry on, I want it so much but it seems as if I will never be good enough as I am likely to mess it up again and again and again :confused:
Sigh…

Was it just the artic reverse that went wrong on test :question: - daft question - I just read that you didn’t do the road drive this time - that’s a pity because the extra practice would have been good but I do understand your reasons for not doing it.

Can you tell me the name of the training school - PM me if you wish

3 hour round trip :exclamation: - are you on 1 to 1 training and have to fit it into a 4 hour slot :question:

This is one to one training with J Coates. The instructors themselves are good but like I say they have no where to go but Hinkley which is about 90 mins each way so one hour reversing practise for about £300 plus the £250 for the test again its getting to be out of control spending wise, I am worried that I will get to a point where I just know I will fail before I start and that will affect how I go on the test :frowning: Completely fed up today. And reason for not using langar up here is they wont pay for the time :unamused: I dont know anywhere else in Notts but surely with such a busy test centre there is some open space avalable to train? :confused:

Oh and yes just reverse I couldn’t face the drive I could of been dangerous as my head wasnt in it. Also couldnt face the shame of going out, already shameful enough after something to STUPID aaaarrrrgggghhhhhhhhh

OllieNotts:
This is one to one training with J Coates.

Could you get 2 to 1 training for the reverse - that way it would mean about 5 hours on the reverse area - 2 1/2 hours each as one set of travelling is eliminated.

OllieNotts:
…surely with such a busy test centre there is some open space avalable to train? :confused:

This is always a problem for training schools - finding a place that is suitable and cost effective for the artic reverse training as the area has to be tarmac or concrete (generally) and 300 feet by 60 feet.

ROG:

OllieNotts:

Could you get 2 to 1 training for the reverse - that way it would mean about 5 hours on the reverse area - 2 1/2 hours each as one set of travelling is eliminated.

Probably not as from what they have told me it is normally two per course so unless someone else from Notts has failed like me I will be on my own. They have only one arctic I know of up here to and I have been only one on it so no one this end is waiting for re-test or training. Had a pm from someone I will look into. I am finding it really difficult picking myself up from this one and the cost is getting me down to as I am now going into to debt to finish it when I have enough problems. My Dad’s look of disgust when I came in having failed again doesnt help :frowning:

EDIT:
Having looked into it the other company is a wagon and drag so not really any good I need an artic as its what I have learned in and what I am driving at work(under supervision) if we could find somewhere to practise I could use that.
Can you take class one test in an automatic and still be eligible to drive manual? Just a thought as I already have HGV with manual gear box :confused:

OllieNotts:

ROG:

OllieNotts:
Probably not as from what they have told me it is normally two per course so unless someone else from Notts has failed like me I will be on my own. They have only one arctic I know of up here to and I have been only one on it so no one this end is waiting for re-test or training.

Do you start your training day in Notts? - I’m thinking that you might be better to travel for a start in Leicester and test out of the Leicester test station :bulb:

OllieNotts:
Can you take class one test in an automatic and still be eligible to drive manual? Just a thought as I already have HGV with manual gear box :confused:

I don’t think so - never been asked that before - i’m sure if you could, then lots would do it.

EDIT - Pass CE in auto restricts licence to CE auto - I checked. :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear you failed ollie.
I passed my test years ago with Peter Smythe whos from mansfield. Id recommend him
The number is 01623 620062 and the web add is www.truckdrivertraining.co.uk
I have no connection with this company other than passing with them
Good luck and keep trying

ROG:

OllieNotts:

ROG:

OllieNotts:
Probably not as from what they have told me it is normally two per course so unless someone else from Notts has failed like me I will be on my own. They have only one arctic I know of up here to and I have been only one on it so no one this end is waiting for re-test or training.

Do you start your training day in Notts? - I’m thinking that you might be better to travel for a start in Leicester and test out of the Leicester test station :bulb:

OllieNotts:

I don’t think so - never been asked that before - i’m sure if you could, then lots would do it.

Training is in Notts yes, my car isnt up to much as far as going that far I am not sure I trust it :laughing: I have only ever had a run around as I once bought a new car and it was a waste of money and I drink at weekends when going to Forest so only use a car for work. Might be able to borrow my Dad’s though it is a good idea to be fair :wink:
Other option is use the hire tractor unit at work although I seem to think it cant be done due to insurance on hire cabs can anyone put me right on that one? I dont mind paying to go to Langer if it our truck, I just dont see why I should with a training school seeing as I have already given em £1250 and the cost is set to rise substantially :cry:

OllieNotts:
Other option is use the hire tractor unit at work although I seem to think it cant be done due to insurance on hire cabs can anyone put me right on that one? I dont mind paying to go to Langer if it our truck, I just dont see why I should with a training school seeing as I have already given em £1250 and the cost is set to rise substantially :cry:

Usually, when a unit is hired for this purpose, the insurance is covered by the training school as hire companies do not insure it for the purpose of licence aquisition - well, I’ve never heard of one doing it.

I meant drive work truck in test as it is manual gear box it was picked up today from hire firm. We have an agency guy who is an ex-asessor for TDG so he has been training me on the driving side which I am comfortable with, if we had somewhere to reverse practise I know he could help me with this to. God this all feels like a real effort doing a third test :frowning: :laughing:

OllieNotts:
I meant drive work truck in test as it is manual gear box it was picked up today from hire firm. We have an agency guy who is an ex-asessor for TDG so he has been training me on the driving side which I am comfortable with, if we had somewhere to reverse practise I know he could help me with this to. God this all feels like a real effort doing a third test :frowning: :laughing:

Your company would have to check that with the hire company for permission to use their unit for this purpose and with the company insurers to check for specific coverage.

If you could set up a reverse area somewhere and sort the above then there is nothing to stop you from booking your own test and using the hire unit and a trailer providing all the DSA test vehicle specifications are met.

Category C + E DSA test vehicle requirements
2. An articulated lorry with a MAM of at least 20 tonnes, with a minimum length of 14 metres and and minimum width of at least 2.4 metres. The vehicle should be capable of 80 km/h (50 mph) and have with at least 8 forward ratios and a closed box cargo compartment at least as wide and as high as the cab. Tachograph, ABS, seatbelts and examiner mirrors.

Good luck for next time.