Failed again!

Yes failed C+E again :unamused:

Same test centre, same instructor, different examiner. Better score than last time but still a fail. :blush:
6 minors 2 serious. One SD was gear changing at the begining. Stressed nerves. Selected 3rd instead of 1st to start off but too ‘scared’ to start again - instead corrected to 2nd then 3rd, 4th back down etc… bad news - I didn’t know I could stop and start again… I thought it had to be perfect from the beginning :unamused:

Other was not looking over my right shoulder properly when moving off… lazy habit. :unamused:

Rest was OK.

Guess the DSA has proved a point. Bendy’s aren’t for me. Certainly can’t afford to throw away any more hard earned pennies.

Sorry to hear your news tallow :frowning: .
Just out of interest what would
another retest cost :question:

tallow:
Guess the DSA has proved a point. Bendy’s aren’t for me. Certainly can’t afford to throw away any more hard earned pennies.

Unlucky, Tallow.

I disagree with your statement about bendy’s not being for you. It sounds like you didn’t have a problem with the bendy bit, just a problem with nerves on the test. It’s a lot of money to find, but if you give up now, ALL the money you put into training is lost. If you pass next time (or the time after) then at least you have gained your licence. It’s worth paying out £180, rather than lose £1000.

Sorry to hear your news, I would agree with ghost that it’s your nerves not competence that were the problem.

hi tallow buddy.
have you read my previous posts on my quest of trying to get my class 1 ?
i could not afford the 3 tests i paid out but i was so determind to pass i just kept on at it , i also had the same examineer 3 times and in the end he passed me just for good attendance. lol.

go and look at my messages they start around the end of april.
all the best vigfan

hi tallow buddy. yes okay it is down heartning to fail ,but take some time and
think what your next step should be, before makeing a rash descion which you may regret later on, yes it is alot of money but when you pass
the test youwill look at the past and say yes it has taken a long time but
now that i have the licence it was worth the hassel, when you next take the test try to relax more and not make the same mistakes as before,
as vigfanbike has already posted he also took some time but that is life
some can pass the test straight off others need a few trys, and for your information we are all still learning on the job even those who have been driveing for years, so come on, do the test again,you will pass,

:stuck_out_tongue: Dammit, Tallow, you can’t give up now,man - you’re fifteen sixteenths of the way there!

Here’s a suggestion : There’s a firm in Arundel called Page Group who have their own in - house training school.
www.pagegroup.co.uk/services/

Go and speak to them, explain your circumstances that you’ve taken and failed a couple of tests due to nerves on the day (have you tried Kalms by the way, ask at your pharmacy counter :wink: ) and would really like an artic licence but have quite simply run out of funds.
~ might be an idea to take your failsheets with you to show the manager and on - site instructor that you’re not telling 'em porkies. ~ :sunglasses:
You never know, they might come to some ‘arrangement’ with you regarding financing another few days training (thats all you might need judging from what you have posted above) and the cost of another test.

:bulb: Failing that, while you’re there ask 'em about a rigid job ! :laughing:
Keep your nose clean, do a good job for them, avoid ‘incidents’, show them you’d be a good investment as an employee and then after a couple of months…gently pester them again about an ‘upgrade’. :laughing: :laughing:

Worth thinking about,surely ?

Guess the DSA has proved a point. Bendy’s aren’t for me.

Quite the contrary. The fact that you completed the route without incident indicates that you are competent to drive C+E vehicles.

Shoulder checks. That’s your own fault. As you have already acknowledged.

The ‘Gear Changing Exercise’ is an anachronism from a bygone era when trucks were underpowered. I know of only one place where I ever use first gear. It is exiting premises at a blind T junction on a steep gradient. Because I go there in various vehicles, I select 1st at the bottom of the hill and let the vehicle trundle up it.

Nerves play a big part in any Driving Test, and always will. However, what is worthwhile to bear in mind is that when you enter an examination room for a written test, do you look to achieved 100%? No. You are looking for a pass mark. Similarly, when undertaking a test, you should be aiming not for a ‘clean sheet’ (nice if you can get it) but a pass mark, which means that you put your mistakes behind you and go on to the next question, or in the sense of driving, the next hazard.

In many ways, taking a Driving Test is easier than taking a written examination. With a written examination, the questions are not known until you open the paper. With driving, you know what the questions are and will have practiced them.

John Farlam’s site, smartdriving.co.uk/SmartDriving.htm gives some useful advice. Whilst it is aimed primarily at car driving, many of the topics covered also cross into the field of LGV driving.

It’s a pain when you ge to the stage when you start to think It’s not worth throwing more money at it, but please take time to think it through before you jack it in. It’s sounds like nerves to me I had the same problem passed on the third attempt.

Thanks for the commiserations. I’ve spent £1300+ with no result. Another test +truck hire min 2days will be +/- £400.00. Not sure it’s worth it if companies aren’t keen on newbies with less than 2 years experience.

GoC you’re right about ALL the money wasted.
Trouble is getting an early retest. They’re booked up solid for up to 3 months.
I’ve also been working 15 hour shifts with Express Dairies doing a lot of trolley pushing to boot, so I wasn’t exactly feeling ‘fresh’.

1st day retraining almost stewed me correcting bad habits and practising the couple de-couple procedure to ‘word perfect’ standard. Never had a problem reversing. Fear of failure unravelled the rest.

I left too long a gap since the last test which at that time knocked my confidence off the rails.

I think my best bet now is to try and find a company that will take me on as a C2 and sponsor me for C1 as I’ve seen advised on an earlier post. I’ve got 15 months worth of class 2 agency work, including trips to Germany and Holland - no prangs and just 3 points which will be coming off in December so I’m ‘optimistic’…

Can’t blame anyone but my self this time around. Instructor did his best. I needed more time and should have had a break off work beforehand.

Thanks again for all the fantastic support from y’all :astonished:
■■■■ it, I have to get this now… ONE more time! :stuck_out_tongue:

Deesider I’ll give page a call cheers :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Never mind ‘giving them a call’…

Get yer arse down there at 8.30 monday morning… :laughing: :laughing:

Good Luck !

Sorry to here that m8,hope you change your mind on the re-test. :wink:

tallow:
[zb] it, I have to get this now… ONE more time! :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck tallow :smiley:

tallow:
[zb] it, I have to get this now… ONE more time! :stuck_out_tongue:

Deesider I’ll give page a call cheers :slight_smile:

That’s the spirit…

But don’t see it as “one last time”, see it as “I’ll keep doing it till I pass” and it might help with the nerves, no pressure.

tallow:
Thanks for the commiserations. I’ve spent £1300+ with no result. Another test +truck hire min 2days will be +/- £400.00. Not sure it’s worth it if companies aren’t keen on newbies with less than 2 years experience.

This particular company sound like they’re after you money and are not concerned with you.

GoC you’re right about ALL the money wasted.
Trouble is getting an early retest. They’re booked up solid for up to 3 months.
I’ve also been working 15 hour shifts with Express Dairies doing a lot of trolley pushing to boot, so I wasn’t exactly feeling ‘fresh’.

The money is not being wasted, whatever you decide to do. Bar a couple of daft mistakes, that sound as though they’re due to nerves, it sounds like you can actually drive a bendy to test standard :wink:.

I think my best bet now is to try and find a company that will take me on as a C2 and sponsor me for C1 as I’ve seen advised on an earlier post. I’ve got 15 months worth of class 2 agency work, including trips to Germany and Holland - no prangs and just 3 points which will be coming off in December so I’m ‘optimistic’…

May be a good idea, even if your tied to them for a year or two, your at least getting that all important experience from the job, allright the money may be [zb] or the job not quite what you want, but your behind the wheel, driving, earning and learning :wink:. Once you’ve “graduated” and got the experience, go and find yourself the job you want.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

sorry to hear about the fail tallow - but you are right to go for it again.

i failed my c+e a couple of weeks back but i’m up for it again next week . you know its some thing you want to do and your experiance to date shows you are a good driver - you’ll be good in a bendy aswell

the way i looked at my third attemp at class1 retest was what my wife told me on the morning of the test.

" THIS IS REAL LIFE, IT’S NOT A TRIAL RUN, YOU DONT GET A SECOND CHANCE IN LIFE, IF YOU WANT IT SO BAD GO AND DO IT".

I WENT IN WITH THE ATTITUDE OF YOUR GONNA DO IT MY BOY…
YOU ALL KNOW THE REST.
VIG

" THIS IS REAL LIFE, IT’S NOT A TRIAL RUN, YOU DONT GET A SECOND CHANCE IN LIFE, IF YOU WANT IT SO BAD GO AND DO IT".

Vigfanbke
Cheers for that bud. :slight_smile:
You got a great wife with that kind of support. :slight_smile:

Just read this, sorry you did not pass Tallow. May I suggest it seems apity to come this far and stop, I know its pricey, and I know its easy for me to sit here and say, but you really must try again.

Best wishes with whatever you decide. :smiley: