Fagan and Whalley EFS Global

Hi does anyone have any info on these two please? Wages, work, what they’re like to graft for etc etc
cheers

There’s a certain M6 night trunker on here, with a variety of identities who has more adventures than Noddy on his job, …who works for this outfit afaik. :smiley:

I’ve never worked for either but I can confidently state that Fagan and Whalley will be like every other medium-to-large general haulier in the land- if you need to finish at a reasonable time on a Friday because you have an outside-work arrangement, they will do their utmost to ensure you don’t. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d recommend you give them a swerve unless you like 10+ year old kit and you enjoy washing and polishing your truck and trailer after every job.

Mick Bracewell:
I’d recommend you give them a swerve unless you like 10+ year old kit and you enjoy washing and polishing your truck and trailer after every job.

They do look like a good clean fleet tbf.
Tbh I’d prefer a good clean 10 yr old Scania Topliner any day, to my 3 yr old ■■■■ Actros. :neutral_face: :smiley:

Mick Bracewell:

Tbh I don’t mind a clean motor it was the money and what they’re like to work for I was after really

Both companies have driver facing cameras.
Fagan micro manage your day. Tell you which layby to park in!
Friend of mine works for them. He’s currently job hunting.

trevorking1964:

Cheers mate its more EFS that I’m looking at tbh

trevorking1964:

It might just be that your ‘friend’ can’t be trusted.

I also have a friend who works for F&W (30 years+ and counting) and nobody tells him which layby to park in.

Just sayin…

marky:

trevorking1964:

I also have a friend who works for F&W (30 years+ and counting) and nobody tells him which layby to park in.

Just sayin…

30+ years, he’s probably a bum licker, let’s be honest here.

Layby or no layby there’s still cameras in the cab, tells you everything about them.

My mate lasted a day at F & W, GOT accused of smoking in cab even though he has never smoked in his life,that was enough for him to walk.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

TheUncaringCowboy:
Layby or no layby there’s still cameras in the cab, tells you everything about them.

I’ve never once driven a truck with a driver-facing camera. I’ve got a semi-permanent gig now but when I was on the agency one of my stipulations was that I wouldn’t drive a truck which had one fitted. I would not be able to drive in a natural, relaxed and safe style if I was constantly distracted by the thought that I was under surveillance.

TheUncaringCowboy:

marky:

trevorking1964:

Just sayin…

Why would you assume he’s a bum licker just because he’s worked there 30yrs?

huddersfield66:

TheUncaringCowboy:

marky:

trevorking1964:

Just sayin…

Why would you assume he’s a bum licker just because he’s worked there 30yrs?

Because it’s a poor attitude from someone who probably has spent their whole career jumping from job to job and they are jealous of someone who can actually get along well in a company. Ever thought if you can’t last in a job it’s with you where the problems lie?

And as for in cab cameras, it’s the way the whole industry is heading, get used to it or retire. If your doing nothing wrong then why would it make you on edge and not drive safely?

Companies are only ever going to view the footage in the event of an incident, and you were on the phone at the time of the incident then I’d want to know that if I was the gaffer.

Because it’s a poor attitude from someone who probably has spent their whole career jumping from job to job and they are jealous of someone who can actually get along well in a company. Ever thought if you can’t last in a job it’s with you where the problems lie?

And as for in cab cameras, it’s the way the whole industry is heading, get used to it or retire. If your doing nothing wrong then why would it make you on edge and not drive safely?

Companies are only ever going to view the footage in the event of an incident, and you were on the phone at the time of the incident then I’d want to know that if I was the gaffer.
[/quote]
Straight from the horses mouth the M6 roving reporter has spoken mr f&w
Other log ins available like DickyNick etc eh rowls

Rowley010:

:laughing: :laughing:
And there we have it again at last folks, the famous brainwashed, servile ‘‘Borg’s Mantra’’ …‘‘If you are doing nothing wrong’’ etc etc. :unamused:
(Followed up by the regurgitation of the corporate co ■■■■■■■■ of course)

Oh hang on,.I’ve just noticed the author, so wtf did I expect. :unamused:

Tell you what Rowls/Dicky me old mate, when I hear some of the attitudes and how easily duped some of today’s modern drivers are like yourself, along with the element of arse crawling and grassing up, and worse still…having to endure working alongside those types, it sure as hell makes me look forward to the retirement you mention. :laughing:

Just to address your point about the camera, our lot have the cameras, but not the full micro management 100% surveillance type, but one that goes off if you hit something or brake hard…so mine very rarely goes off, except maybe if I am on a dodgy pot holed farm road, or even backing on to a trailer too hard. :blush:
Not a prob with the out facing one, but the one facing me can not see me …strategically.
Why would it make me drive unsafely exactly?,
I’m more than capable of driving safely without the need for some ■■■■ in an office to monitor me thanks.
As for being on edge?
Only in the context of it insulting my proven professionalism.

robroy:

Rowley010:

And there we have it again at last folks, the famous brainwashed, servile ‘‘Borg’s Mantra’’ …‘‘If you are doing nothing wrong’’ etc etc. :unamused:
(Followed up by the regurgitation of the corporate co [zb] of course)

Tell you what Rowls/Dicky me old mate, when I hear some of the attitudes and how easily duped some of today’s modern drivers are like yourself, along with the element of arse crawling and grassing up, and worse still…having to endure working alongside those types, it sure as hell makes me look forward to the retirement you mention. :laughing:

Just to address your point about the camera, our lot have the cameras, but not the full micro management 100% surveillance type, but one that goes off if you hit something or brake hard…so mine very rarely goes off, except maybe if I am on a dodgy pot holed farm road, or even backing on to a trailer too hard. :blush:
Not a prob with the out facing one, but the one facing me can not see me …strategically.
I’m more than capable of driving safely without the need for some [zb] in an office to monitor me thanks.
As for being on edge?

Robroy my old friend you are correct. I don’t understand either how the camera would make me drive in an unsafe manner. It’s matey boy Harry monk who said it would make him drive unsafe if you scroll up and look.

Rowley010:

robroy:

Rowley010:

(Followed up by the regurgitation of the corporate co [zb] of course)

I’m more than capable of driving safely without the need for some [zb] in an office to monitor me thanks.
As for being on edge?

Robroy my old friend you are correct. I don’t understand either how the camera would make me drive in an unsafe manner. It’s matey boy Harry monk who said it would make him drive unsafe if you scroll up and look.

You enjoy working for them though don’t you rowls

It seems strange to me that when I was growing up, the USSR, East Germany etc were held up as being the evil empire due in large part to the monitoring and surveillance their citizens were subjected to, yet now it is happening here and to a far greater degree than the eastern bloc could ever have dreamed of, it has suddenly become a normal and totally acceptable thing.

Harry Monk:
It seems strange to me that when I was growing up, the USSR, East Germany etc were held up as being the evil empire due in large part to the monitoring and surveillance their citizens were subjected to, yet now it is happening here and to a far greater degree than the eastern bloc could ever have dreamed of, it has suddenly become a normal and totally acceptable thing.

There are different degrees of acceptability, ranging from those that have had these things ‘forced’ on to them even though they strongly protested, (but had no chance because the majority true to form rolled over :unamused: )
To those that not only readily accept them,.and actually BELIEVE the co’s reasons for putting them in :open_mouth: :laughing: , ie’‘They are for your own good/to clear you of blame if anything happens/insurance co insisted’'…, and all the rest of the co bull crap, but much more tragic and much worse,…They actually go on to repeat it to others. :laughing:

No hope for those type, terminally gullible who are reaping what they sow in the results of their actions,…ie, a micro managed, heavily restricted crap working life. :unamused: :laughing:
(And they ■■■■ deserve it imo.)