Factory shops

Even after the eggs and yorkie today you guys have made my hunt for goodies even more urgent :laughing:

syramax:

damoq:
McVitties in Tollcross have a shop on site. You can get a big bag of biccies for £2.50. If you were to buy what was in the bag in the supermarket, it would probably cost you best part of £20. Plenty more bargains to be had in their shop, but that’s my favourite.

been there a few times , didn’t know there was a shop :frowning: where abouts is it ■■

If you deliver to the packaging side, just follow the walkway round to the main building. When you go into the building through the doors, follow the corridor round to the right and you’ll see the staff shop on the left hand side.

If you’re delivering to the ingredients side, walk up the lane towards the old gate where you used to enter the premises then turn left. Walk down past the Eriks engineering stores and you’ll see a set of blue double doors in front of you. Walk down the corridor and the shop will be on the right hand side just after the training centre. It isn’t open on Monday’s though.

Thetaff2:
The one in Taunton is the ministry of cakes and they are very,very tasty. :wink:

We deliver there, do they have a shop then?

NewLad:

Thetaff2:
The one in Taunton is the ministry of cakes and they are very,very tasty. :wink:

Yes it’s right next to the goods in bit under the metal stairs

Thetaff2:

NewLad:

Thetaff2:

Yes it’s right next to the goods in bit under the metal stairs

Never done it myself but some of the other lads have, will pay it a visit when I get it.

There’s a very good butty van just outside too which is also well worth a visit.

slightly off topic but does anyone remember the boxes of broken biscuits you could buy off the milkman?
i used to do a milk round when i was at school-think paper round but about three times the money lol!!
we used to be able to get a massive box of broken biscuits(about two feet long and a foot wide and nine inches tall) for two or three quid,(and so did the normal customers aswell)this was in 1988/89 ish.
what a bargain-most wernt broke at all,and every box was different.poxy E.U laws stopped the selling of these…

Thetaff2:
There’s a very good butty van just outside too which is also well worth a visit.

Yeah…Watch her moan when you buy just a coffee! :slight_smile:

They used to do big boxes of broken biscuits at the security gatehouse at the old United Biscuits factory in Ashby de la Zouch. There was a soap factory shop in Ashby too that I can remember and also loads of clothing and hosiery ones round Leicester. Got a tile cutter for virtually nothing from the Plasplugs factory shop at Burton.

Always lots round the midlands but nothing much closer to home in South West that I ever came across.

Pimpdaddy:
Lauren’s patisserie in Newark was good, haven’t been for years though, they did pizza express, chilled desserts etc…

The 1st time I back hauled out of there for tesco Doncaster the office staff said to me “be sure to get some cakes”
Lo and behold when I asked the bunk was stacked high when I got back

It’s easy to find the staff shop in any biscuit or cake factory, you just follow the smell of stale biscuit or cake. :wink:

bigvern1:

Thetaff2:

Yeah…Watch her moan when you buy just a coffee! :slight_smile:

You shouldn’t be such a tight wad :smiley: the breakfast baguette is spot on and cheap too.

mcvities Halifax have a shop but its only open certain times of day. it gets a bit frustrating when you get a whiff of ginger cake 1/2 a mile away then find the ruddy shop is closed :frowning:

Kraft foods / Cadbury’s at Sheffield (Hillsborough sort of area), boxes of roses are around 50p, big tubs of sweets for around 15p etc…

Burtons biscuits in Edinburgh and mcvities in tollcross

andrew.s:
slightly off topic but does anyone remember the boxes of broken biscuits you could buy off the milkman?
i used to do a milk round when i was at school-think paper round but about three times the money lol!!
we used to be able to get a massive box of broken biscuits(about two feet long and a foot wide and nine inches tall) for two or three quid,(and so did the normal customers aswell)this was in 1988/89 ish.
what a bargain-most wernt broke at all,and every box was different.poxy E.U laws stopped the selling of these…

You can still get boxes of biscuits in Norwich, I can’t remember where, perhaps Roy’s?

The factory shop at Colman’s/Unilever is ok.

syramax:

damoq:
McVitties in Tollcross have a shop on site. You can get a big bag of biccies for £2.50. If you were to buy what was in the bag in the supermarket, it would probably cost you best part of £20. Plenty more bargains to be had in their shop, but that’s my favourite.

been there a few times , didn’t know there was a shop :frowning: where abouts is it ■■

was in on Wednesday and found it ok , thanks for the directions . apparently if you go past the shop and take the stairs to the left you will find the canteen , I didn’t have time to try it but I`m told its ok .

Thetaff2:

and also a complete ■■■■■■■■ to deliver too!

The UK government. They have a big shop, selling off all manner of factories. Anything state owned goes cheapest

Where’s the shop at Sheffield (Cad / Kraft) Wayne?