Factory fitted fridges in the cab

Found out last week why our company wont spec factory fitted fridges when ordering new motors.

We will get Leigonaires Disease :unamused: :unamused: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:
This has come from high up in the command chain.

100% TRUE :exclamation:

more likely tight arses

Who do you work for?

the yellow peril, sorry Drop it, Hide it, Lose it…

he work’s for DHL if you hadn’t guessed… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Assume you’re tramping.

For me along with a night heater a fridge is a virtual must have. I would be prepared to sort my own out if it was an older vehicle but considering it’s standard on some models I’d expect any new lorry purchased for tramping to have one.

philgor:

Ah yes, Duh-huh-lll, yeah DHL.

Well I think I would like a fridge.

ibson:

philgor:

Ah yes, Duh-huh-lll, yeah DHL.

Well I think I would like a fridge.

DHL = Don’t Hurry Lads :laughing:

Has any other company got so many variations of the title? Don’t forget ; down hill logistics as well. :wink:

We had factory fitted fridges and microwaves in our FH’s at DownHill Logistics, maybe your boss is spinning you a yarn Kindle.

Shirley its… Does’nt Have Legionaires.

What will steering wheel attendants whinge about next? Oh yeah 'course, no A/c.

Spare a thought for the many drivers who did the middle east in the 70’s in flat topped 4x2 units with 300hp if you were very lucky. Biggest concerns would be if the engine worked and if the trailer brakes were any good at all.

DHhelL seem a ■■■■ outfit to work for, no decent new motors, 52mph & now lads can’t even have a fridge…smh :smiling_imp:

But you got a 16 litre Scania V8 for Trans Europe Express, Can’t have it all!

My mate is a postie and a millitant one at that. He hates all competition to Royal Mail and he calls DHL- Dont Handle Letters :grimacing:

Has the DHL jokes

“REVISIT your youth of ringing doorbells and running away by becoming a DHL delivery driver.”

Driveroneuk:
What will steering wheel attendants whinge about next? Oh yeah 'course, no A/c.

Spare a thought for the many drivers who did the middle east in the 70’s in flat topped 4x2 units with 300hp if you were very lucky. Biggest concerns would be if the engine worked and if the trailer brakes were any good at all.

This is probably the most ridiculous argument that keeps cropping up on here…every time someone complains about the spec of their truck, someone pipes up with “back in the 70’s/80’s we were running to Africa in trucks with no…etc etc”.

We get it. 40 yrs ago trucks were much more basic…kudos to the guys that did the job then…BUT…we are now 40 yrs further on, trucks are no longer basic, in the same way that cars are no longer basic. Things like A/C & electric windows are considered to be the standard, and in many cases employers have to specify NOT to have them as opposed to speccing trucks with them.

In summary, yes, trucking in the 70/80’s was less comfortable than it is now…get over it.

Don’t Have Long so tip me or i’m gone

jonboy

I just been down to the middle east, truck i took didnt even have a radio, let alone a fridge, man up lads… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Driveroneuk:

wasn’t a horse and cart good enough for you :laughing: :laughing:

You’re unlikely to catch Legionnaires Disease just 'cos you haven’t a fridge fella…

Normally caught by breathing in infected water droplets from things like A/C systems…but unless you store a lot of water in the cab for ages and let it get rather warm…I’d say you’re more likely to get food poisoning TBH…

Still agree though that if you’re tramping the ■■■■■■■■ should make sure a fridge is provided… :unamused:

I reckon that to get the O licence, hauliers should have to live in the wagons they provide for 2 weeks before passing them on to the driver…

You’d see an improvement then… :stuck_out_tongue: