Fact or fiction?

Whilst I haven’t heard any complaints from our drivers, I have a mate on Yussen logistics who says they’re new 12 reg motors have to have the card on rest to eject, or it will not log the end of shift. One driver got an infringement on Monday when he downloaded his card at the start of his shift. They said he’d been on other work since Friday. He then got another one at the end of shift for his drive time, as it continued from Friday. This isn’t a mmtm (although mm did tm) as he was in the office when the first infringement was discovered. Anyone with a 12 reg shed any light?

Yes on the new ones you do a manual entry for what you did in between shifts, so in other words do a manual entry showing rest, but if this defaults to work when he does this then he would have to change it to rest then do his manual entry.

they bring in these new things that are supposed to streamline and make things easier which is all well and good,however,the implimentation,as usual is a complete ■■■■ up.
youve got malfunctioning cards,different operating systems for different vdus and constant dvla ■■■■ ups…then they have the audacity to slap you with an infringement for the slightest mistake.
it`s about time they got their house in order before getting free and easy with the fixed pens.if it was in the private sector there would be heads rolli :smiling_imp: ng

Only used the Stoneridge ones on new trucks, and they ask you when you put your card in on Monday ‘rest until now?’

I had a problem with a manual entry on an 61 reg., it showed me on other work from Sunday night until Thursday morning. I didn’t start work that week until Thursday morning. Told not to bother with manual entries in future. Just note details on print out and timesheet.

i just take mine out when i finish and put it on when i start not been pulled up so far :confused:

waddy640:
I had a problem with a manual entry on an 61 reg., it showed me on other work from Sunday night until Thursday morning. I didn’t start work that week until Thursday morning. Told not to bother with manual entries in future. Just note details on print out and timesheet.

I’ve had that as well, it had me on other work all night.

Sent from a layby stroking one off.

waddy640:

Who told you not to bother with manual entries ? It’s so simple to do and takes about 10 seconds maybe 15 tops :confused:

waddy640:

Is easy to do that manual entry, thursday morning card in, manual entry yes, ie sunday, 21:00 other work till 21:05, that time to get back to office and give paperwork and go home, then from 21:05 from sunday till thursday starting time bed symbol (rest) then from starting time till digicard in, POA symbol, then other work to show time to to the checks, and drive. sorted, at the end of the shift I leave it on other work, is when starting the following shift, that I make the manual entris telling when the rest, poa etc so far no infringements My unit is a WR61■■■ with a siemens tacho

wegi:

waddy640:

Is easy to do that manual entry, thursday morning card in, manual entry yes, ie sunday, 21:00 other work till 21:05, that time to get back to office and give paperwork and go home, then from 21:05 from sunday till thursday starting time bed symbol (rest) then from starting time till digicard in, POA symbol, then other work to show time to to the checks, and drive. sorted, at the end of the shift I leave it on other work, is when starting the following shift, that I make the manual entris telling when the rest, poa etc so far no infringements My unit is a WR61■■■ with a siemens tacho

I don’t work every day and I don’t have a regular vehicle and as far as I know it is the only one with that type tacho. Simple answer write info on back of print out.

When I do use my digicard I put the card in as soon as I get to work and it comes out just as I’m about to lock up and go home. Before anyone asks about handing in paperwork and keys, I’ve already given in tickets and keys come home with me.
I will do a manual if say I get a lift to yard to collect a lorry and so record it appropriately.
With tachographs I don’t bother with manual entries just tacho in and it comes out as I’m about to lock up (fill it in the following day).

All of ours switch to ‘other work’ as soon as the wheels stop rolling.
Which gets really annoying when you pull over, have a 45, pull away and it starts banging on about driving over 4.5 hours. 'Cos unless you switch it to break, it’s got you down for work and the break isn’t registered.

cieranc:
Which gets really annoying when you pull over, have a 45, pull away and it starts banging on about driving over 4.5 hours. 'Cos unless you switch it to break, it’s got you down for work and the break isn’t registered.

That is how tachographs have worked since they removed the drive symbol from the mode switch, you have always had to select break, or you should have done if you were using the analogue correctly

Wheel Nut:

cieranc:

That is how tachographs have worked since they removed the drive symbol from the mode switch, you have always had to select break, or you should have done if you were using the analogue correctly

I’ve forgotten to switch old and new variants to break before now :laughing: but I used to flick the switch to break when I was travelling but planning to stop for a break.

Also if there was a big hold up I’d put it on break whilst stuck in the jam, sometimes you get stuck for an hour or two without moving with a digi if you are stop starting for a while before eventually the whole lots stops you have to keep switching it back. Looking at the tacho telling you that you have just done 15mins of other work whilst you’ve been sat drinking tea is a right ■■■■■■.

8wheels:

Wheel Nut:

cieranc:

I’ve forgotten to switch old and new variants to break before now :laughing: but I used to flick the switch to break when I was travelling but planning to stop for a break.

did you never get pulled up for travelling on break mode?

Old as in analogue with the switch, would record driving automatically and change to other work / rest when stopped.