Facebook!

Now some folk stag it off to hell,which I can understand for obvious reasons, but it can be useful as well for finding long lost mates who are still with us and those that are not that you only found out by Facebook.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Never had it never will. The folk I want to stay in touch with I have contact details for. :slight_smile:

I use it to share stuff of interest with family and friends, later today I’ll be posting some video of Flying Scotsman as it passes through Rugeley at full chat later this morning. One of my sons works for Hornby Hobbies and he’s interested in that sort of thing.

I’m also a member of a few Facebook groups, the UK Honda Express group being very useful for help, advice and difficult-to-find spares for these machines.

It makes an interesting comparison to TN, basically making you very much appreciate the fact that TN is moderated.

Many driver FB groups are like traffic accidents, so bad you can’t not look, but I would never post in them. I have found the FB TM groups moderately useful, very occasionally.

One of the things I like about TN is that it’s an old-school php bulletin-board format, like most of t’intyweb was back in the early days, FB is too full of unnecessary bells and whistles. FB is still miles better than Linked In, that really is the pits.

rearaxle:
Now some folk stag it off to hell,which I can understand for obvious reasons, but it can be useful as well for finding long lost mates who are still with us and those that are not that you only found out by Facebook.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

One quickly finds out that the “Mates” that one actually gets to find, - are not the ones you really got on with, the ones who don’t use FB at all.

I used it for a while, but one day got busted for writing a post on my own private wall (only visible to friended users, or so I thought…) - only to be “warned” at first, and “Invited to delete my post” (which I refused to do) - quickly followed up by an automatic ban done by the algorhythm for posting using the clearly-wrong keywords… (Comparing the Corrupt EU to Hitler’s Germany in particular)

I let the ban stand, as I didn’t realize (Naiively) that my posts to private users were being monitored as if a wiretap had been put on my private phone line…

These days, I don’t do anything anymore that involves handing over my personal details, unless I’ve had a long-established financial account with them.

That means I have no Ebay account, no Iphone, no Contracts, etc. as well.

Harry Monk:
I use it to share stuff of interest with family and friends, later today I’ll be posting some video of Flying Scotsman as it passes through Rugeley at full chat later this morning. One of my sons works for Hornby Hobbies and he’s interested in that sort of thing.

I’m also a member of a few Facebook groups, the UK Honda Express group being very useful for help, advice and difficult-to-find spares for these machines.

Ah,the old honda express,I used to dream of having one of those as a teenager

Sploom:

Harry Monk:

Ah,the old honda express,I used to dream of having one of those as a teenager

Old hat stuff these days - is pure gold. NO hacked electronics on it, NO track n trace, NO engines that shut down if you are “out of bounds” etc.

As for those that signed up to the “Marks” that so many choose to have these days…

Forehead Phone.png

Mark2.jpg

Imagine what happens if this “mark” is the only means left to buy and sell stuff, get paid, or even get the food shopping in?

Keep using cash - is my solution - whilst we’ve still got some, of course.