F12 Globetrotter early 80's?

Loved the Globetrotters, so did the drivers.

the black one is an awesome looking motor

Nice locking F12 Lorries. It must be many renovated and saved Volvo Lorries in England?

Lars-Gunnar :slight_smile:

anymore early globetrotter pics?

Wheel Nut:

Wheel Nut:
I am trying to find a piece of history from Crossroads Commercials in Hull, so far the website has given me the info that Valletta Street opened in 1972 and an old family friend, Ray Allison from Melton who previously ran his own vehicles and an auto-electrical business became an Electrician with Crossroads. Through him and the sales manager we used to get an invite whenever they opened a box, or a new model was launched and I can remember the line up of new Globetrotters, most of them for Brian Yeardley who was still based in Hull.

The local haulers were forever being whisked off on a Jolly to Gothenburg to drive these new wonder trucks and Volvo had a good customer base around the area.

I have emailed Crossroads to see if there are any photographs of the Hull operation or of the launch of various models through the years, the place still stands and has hardly altered from those days.

There is still a lovely old F12 Globetrotter running on Middlegate which is ex Brian Yeardley

I have had several replies to this request from Crossroads Commercials managers & staff old and new, some great information and memories. I am hoping to be able to share some of this in the near future. I dont want to bite the hand that feeds me though.

Crossroads have opened a facebook page and there are some photos of the open day when they became a VOSA ATF

Arthur Joynson Crossroads.jpg

my mates f16

then later owned by partrick and then pete
osborne

scan0011.jpg

One from sweden.

here ya go carl, as i said the pictures are a bit ■■■■-poor mate, but better than nowt! i took these at the nec show, in the early 80’s but i cant recall the date!

how i wish i would have took more photos over the years, all ive got from that show are these 2 of the volvo and a white road commander!

There you go Mal is that any better

simon

that was the oil painting i did of them si! :wink: :laughing: marvellous what the old pc can do aint it!

lol, i still am driving one now,

cheers mal what a motor :laughing: globby is it yours or do ya drive it for someone,will it be ever coming up for sale :laughing:

i got to admit, seeing it there at the show i was well impressed with that motor, to have got the job driving one them would have been a pipe dream, my lisense was atrocious…mind you i spose it was what a lot of the cowboys wanted, they knew you were a fool with a track record of law braeking! :laughing: :laughing:

hi carl, no mate its not mine, may as well be with the £££££ i spend on the thing, will it ever come for sale … eeerrrrrrrh NOPE, the gaffers lad will not sell her saying that carl i aint in no rush to come out of her either good old 480bhp in a old f12 lovely,its just a balls keeping her clean,6 x alloys,tank,twin stacks locker box etc etc,my finger ends are there abouts gone now,lol, all the best chaps daz … AKA… dodgy

cheers daz :laughing: av ya got any photos of the motor you can put on here daz :laughing:

Here’s a good one - it replaced an equally good ‘flat-top’ F10

have you got one of the early twin headlights model of that globe marky? thats the one carl likes, and mines the right truck but a crap picture!

yer that is one clean F16, was talking to the guy who ones her at uttox truck show, and haydock park, shame it doesnt work tho, but its a credit to the lad, daz,
CARL… i will see what i can sort out for ya not into posting photos of the old girl realy but bare with me ok, daz

Yes, Paul has done a really good job on his Globetrotter. His flat-top F10 that preceeded it was just as good to me - but then it was a local wagon to me before he got it.

The F16 came from Parsons Transport down in Devon (the TT suffix gives it’s location away slightly) and Paul got it for very little money, which no doubt helped the restoration funds.