F10 volvo 'primeval' vka 866v

just a bump to see if anyone has some better photos, or even scans from the truck mag it was in? I know it went through various styles, and Im sure they had a magnum after this retired/ added a second truck to the fleet

The truck is still about, I know the Derbyshire based owner who I think used it only last year to go to his own wedding!

Is this the same truck this photo was taken about twenty years ago at a truckshow at Carnforth truckstop. regards prattman.

last time i saw it was at truckfest scotland 2003 a scotch lad had saved from a recovery firm it was in poor state when he bought it

Any pics of it?

Casting the mind back to the early 90’s who knows what became of the highly customised working showtruck ‘Primeval’? operated by Sue’s tyres of Cannock, Staffs?
Starting out as a hard worked F10 converted to 6x2 tag, the truck was highly modified during its rebuild by John Nichols. Much exterior panelling was replaced, and fibreglass ‘Globetrotter’ conversion carried out by Stuart Myhill. Leather seats from a Lancia saloon graced the interior, but the highlight was the superb wood panelling & dashboard by Mike Webb from Essington Nr. Bloxwich. A 3 axle tilt trailer was acquired and the combination spayed up. The highly distinctive prehistoric murals were applied over a two week period. Many stainless accessories were fitted, many of which were etched. In its original form the truck certainly stood out from the crowd, but a few years later it had been resprayed silver and reg’d JOH81N. What became of the truck, after spending all that money I wonder? :confused:

I dont know what happened to Primeval but John Nichols had another highly customised unit at Truckfest at Shepton Mallet about 3 yrs ago . Had a chat with him but never thought to ask about Primeval

one of the worst ‘customised’ vehicles ive ever seen, bloody awful thing.

kindle530:
one of the worst ‘customised’ vehicles ive ever seen, bloody awful thing.

The world would be a boring place if we were all the same, thats my doctrine anyway :slight_smile:

There was a couple of photos of it on another thread. Think it was the volvo f10, f12 thread

Found this on internet. Not the greatest

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.883981,-4.167060

And the photos i was thinking of. I believe it is the same truck bug wearing its second paint job

Found these amongst my collection