F10 Globetrotter

I brought my F10 in 2001. She was originally owned by Dolpin Packaging in Poole (Dorset). Later called Sealed Air Products. Dolphin ran her until she dropped a pot in Exeter. Dolphin had it fixed by Volvo and the sold her. Dolphin also had F148 YFX, which was only sold a few years ago. I saw F148 a few times around the Bristol area.
My truck was then operated by an Owner Driver in Poole who ran explosives on her until I brought her.
I contacted the transport manager at Dolphin and he sent me a load of paperwork on her including the original receipt from Volvo and all the MOT Certs.

If anyone else knows anything about her, I would be most interested to find out more.

At the minute she is stripped down, as I am re-painting the chassis on her again. After a fer years the last paint job was showing signs of rust behind bolts and fixtures.

Hope you like the pictures

:wink: well shake a leg on it chris, chop,chop get it done

Thats a lovely looking bit of kit mate.

Lovely got it looking realy good mate well done :smiley:

Very nice mate, getting thin on the ground now, deffinitley worth keeping, Lovley looking example :sunglasses:

Around the same time Dolphin were about, Durex had a load of F10 Globetrotters, they were plain white as well i think, with Durex written in the headboard. They may have been the MK2 version thou, with the newer dash etc.
Cue the jokes…

I think the Durex ones were on an L plate, L? LRC, they were lwb on air, nice cab that original Globetrotter, the daddy of them all, good job you’ve made on that one of yours F10 Globetrotter :wink:

The London Rubber Company (Durex) F10’s were ‘L’ reg’s. Howarth Bros at Oldham have restored one in their colours to go with their F86. Also Graham Bellman has brought one of the others to restore.

cant beleive its the same motor!..usually they start as the red…and end up lookin like the white! :wink:

Thanks for the comments.

She has kept the trophy cabinet stocked up since I started showing her.

Truckfest Peterborough - Grand Finalist
Peak Truck Show (Bakewell) - 1st Best Kept Volvo

Truckfest Peterborough - 3rd Prize
Truckfest Driffield - Highly Commended

Truckfest South West - 2nd Prize

Peak Truck Show (Uttoxeter) - 1st Best Vintage & Highly commended Best Original Interior

Lovely motor ,a real credit to you makes me wish i still had my old F12,s

a great job done there a real credit to you. :wink:

F10 Globetrotter:
]

:sunglasses: …Serious attention to detail there,no expense spared.

LOVELY BIT OV STUFF,LOVE THE COLOURS ASWELL A REAL CREDIT M8 :wink: :wink:

looks better than when it was new. :wink:

Several of the London Rubber Comany ones were run by Stagetruck until very recently. They had Globetrotters and low cabbed ones.

Lovely job Globetrotter be nice to use now. Would stand against any of these modern moters.Loved my F10

and i still love mine. :slight_smile:

Fabulous job you done there, a proper lorry. John Mccormick bought 1 for cl 1 work a while back not sure where it ended up tho.

Company my old man used to be TM at had a Black F16 trotter, with the 470 Power Logo’s on it. That was an E plate. When it arrived it was white but Volvo insisted in the deal that it was in the Brochure colour scheme with Decals, otherwise they couldn’t have it!

What a machine for 1987/88!!! 470 horses at 38 tonne must have gone like a train! I remember going to Chirk Unit only in it with dad, he out Dragged an Xr3 from some lights by setting off in 1st High (Or there abouts)!

Would love to see a pic of that thruck. Keep meaning to go see Mrs Pritchard (Of Pritchard Brothers Anglesey) to see if she has any old pics!!