Eyeball gb1, Eastern Finland, Highway 7

Ships that pass in the night, eh?!

Next time we meet, maybe we should do so somewhere we can actually stop :smiley:

Very nostalgic to see one of the old firms wagons, even if you have changed the livery…

All the best for now

J-P

Hello JP. Finally home. Sure is one hell of a truck you have there! At least we didn’t have much competition on the road when looking out for each other. As you had said, there wasn’t a queue for the border, unlike how i’ve seen it on previous trips. In fact, it was that quiet, I was able to drive right up to the barrier, and was through within 10mins, even with 4 carnets to clear. Clearing on the Russian side took 5hrs, which wasn’t too bad, considering I did most of the paperwork before the ‘fixer’ arrived. Saw lots off military kit - tanks mostly - on trains in St Petersburg, which according to the locals, was on its way to Georgia. Doesn’t appear to be any love lost on that one! I’ve got a few days off now, as the truck is due its MOT next week. Back out with the next tour on the 13th, through to December. We will be up in Helsinki on 10th October. I know its a bit of a trek from your place, but if you’re about, you are more than welcome to come over, as it would be good to see you. Might also be some other faces on the tour that you may recall.