Eyebal NSH

Just off Jct 37 in the way to Howden on Wed night, parked in the layby by the cafe, i was flying by towards howden with no time to stop ( you know how it is, and your curtains were drawn!)

They’re always drawn.
How he makes any money is anyones guess! :laughing:

Boozedupboy:
Just off Jct 37 in the way to Howden on Wed night, parked in the layby by the cafe, i was flying by towards howden with no time to stop ( you know how it is, and your curtains were drawn!)

The police have a nasty habit of nicking you there for parking without side lights, although with a mopacc you can jump yourself off in the morning :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, you’re right there Wheelnut. Similar thing on A38 at Ripley, woke up next morning to see ticket on window, £30 fine :imp: Thanks a lot Plod :imp:

Lay-byes are part of the highway, hence anything over 3.5 tonne must be lit during the hours of darkness.

I’ve often wondered…never needed to find out as I don’t do lay-bye parking…will your average artic fire up in the morning after parking all night with side lights + bits n’ bobs on in the cab. Anybody tried it?

Is the power consumption of the new style LED rear lights much lower than bulbs?

Sorry to hear this sort of thing is rearing its ugly head again. I’ve been parking in lay bys for years without any problems but I do remember years ago it was enforced vigorously. When I say years ago I’m talking the 60s & 70s here. When we used to park outside digs in the street in London we used to take all the bulbs out except single ones down the offside. The motors fired up ok in the morning, but I doubt if a modern wagon would with all the electrics and electronics on the go.

It wasn’t just 3.5T plus either. I had a car which my Dad thought too extravagant to be parked in our drive (a 1939 Packard) and I parked it in the lay by in front of the shops next door. The police didn’t book me but insisted it was lit at night so I bought a hurricane light and chained it to the back bumper! :wink:

Salut, David.

Boozedupboy:

I was loading at J.B Holts in the morning.

If the curtains were drawn then I was in me pit.I’d just finished a book (by David Baldacci)that night seeing as I cant watch me tv 'til Volvo wire it up properly see other thread