Extra material for CPC case study road haulage?

Hi,

I have passed multiple choice part of CPC exam but failed the case study ( cpc for road haulage national and international licence). I downloaded some sample materials from ocr webside, however, not all of them have answers - so does not really help.

If someone has some sample material send it to my email svelychko @ gmail.com or let me know where can I buy some ( just want to practice more but feel that do not have enough material with answers). Thanks,

I passed my exam in January but i am trying to help a collegue revise he passed the multi choice but is struggling on the Case study. I have found the passed papers and examiners report on the OCR website. Does anyone know where I can get the Scenario for these exams? we are going to go through all the exams and see if any questions have come up a few times and make notes that he can take in with him. I found understanding the questions was much more difficult then the answers so think this might help with revision

Rachel confused:
I passed my exam in January but i am trying to help a collegue revise he passed the multi choice but is struggling on the Case study. I have found the passed papers and examiners report on the OCR website. Does anyone know where I can get the Scenario for these exams? we are going to go through all the exams and see if any questions have come up a few times and make notes that he can take in with him. I found understanding the questions was much more difficult then the answers so think this might help with revision

Hi Rachel,

I think we can help each other here, I will scan all practice material which i have for case studies ( on top of it I requested a sample of my september paper (with ocr grading) from ocr) and I will send to you. You will do the same on your end. We can get some more people on board so that way can have more practice material. What do you think■■?

I am up for helping. I have got the exam and examiners report for March 2012 and June 2012 but dont have the scenario to go with it we were going to go through all passed papers for 2012, answer them then check our answers with the report I had a book from VOSA about applying for an O’Licence which helped me in my exam I will try to find it out. I was quite lucky as I found my exam in January quite easy. Did you do the 2 week course or are you doing the home study? I will try to get a copy of the folder that they work through on the course and send it to you. I am just trying to find a way to get him to decifer the exam questions as it is his 6th attempt at his CPC will be his 2nd this year with the new style. The only advice i can give is that they ask what you would do they dont want direct quotes from the book and make sure you take time and read the question carefully, look through the paper and answer the areas you are most confident in first. I did a sample costing paper and took the answer page in with me and it was one of the questions just had to change the figures that was the first question I answered because I had it in front of me

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. the link for passed papers and examiners reports
ocr.org.uk/qualifications/ty … documents/

Hope this helps i am still awaiting more revision notes

Rach

I am just printing from the link the case study is the scenario then the question paper is the questions to go with it. they have changed it since i last went on there. The assessment materials section is what you were after it has the questions then the answers to the questions how they expect them to be answered which i found really helpful :slight_smile:

Rach

Hello. Sadly I failed the case study too (actually thought I passed that rather than the multiple choice)

Have just booked up for the 7th December re-test. Here’s hoping the case study will be a little easier!

Anyone else hate the maths part? Lol

Stu,

I am crap at maths yet in my exam that was the first one i answered. Print the sample exam paper and take the answer sheet in with you that is what I did and found it was a massive help as long as you shpow your working out you get points even if you put the decimals in the wrong place. I will have a look see if I can find a few more costings examples for you

Rach

It looks like OCR have changed the website the link for 2012 passed papers and sample exams with answers is now ocr.org.uk/qualifications/vo … 012-05669/

Rachel confused:
It looks like OCR have changed the website the link for 2012 passed papers and sample exams with answers is now ocr.org.uk/qualifications/vo … 012-05669/

Thanks for that! Their website has been down for the last 48 hours or so.

Thanks again…

This is a really good link for drivers hours especially for double manning and ferry crossings which was in a recent exam might be worth printing to take into the exam with you

transportsfriend.org/hours/rest.html#travel

Wow, case study time tomorrow!