Extended driving time

Quick question … I have never had the need to extend my driving time so the questions I would like to ask are:

Do I need a 30 min break or 45 mins if extending my driving time to 10 hours ?

Second if I I take the mentioned break at four hours will the other 30 mins be carried over onto the extended time on the tacho ?

Thanks

Seriously? You don’t ever need to have extended your time to know the answer. I’m not going to give you the answer because I can’t believe your knowledge is lacking so much you don’t even know something so basic and I think that actually you’re just too flipping lazy to work it out so you can work for the answer.

1. What do the rules say about the maximum time you can drive without a break?
  2. How long does is the minimum time that break needs to be?
  3. What is 10 divided by the answer to 1)?

Therefore what is the answer to your question?

Second if I I take the mentioned break at four hours will the other 30 mins be carried over onto the extended time on the tacho ?

You’ve got a max of 10hrs driving, doesn’t matter how you take the breaks as long as you don’t exceed 1) above.

Rob range:
Quick question … I have never had the need to extend my driving time so the questions I would like to ask are:

The break rules are exactly the same as for when you do 9 hours driving or less.

• You must not go over 4.5 hours driving time before having a 45 minute break (or split 45 minute break).
  • Breaks can be taken at anytime as long as you don’t go over 4.5 hours driving time without a 45 minute break.
  • You never lose daily driving time regardless of when you have the driving breaks.

A little light reading may be in order viewtopic.php?f=5&t=123738&p=1924193#p1924193