Express trailers malta

anyone got any info or pics on this company

cheers
gaz

Hi tetragaz ,
I took this photograph about 5 years ago , emerging at the ferry`s arrival at the island of Gozo .
Maybe the Ford unit will also be of interest to the Ford Transcontinental enthusiasts .
I also have some photos of E.R.F.s , owned by another Maltese haulier , - Emmanuel Vella & Sons.
The 2 fleet colours are the same , but are they connected/jointly owned ?
Cheers , cattle wagon man.

Good Company been there a few time run by the Vella family .Started in 1945 by Emmanuel Vella and run to most european places also run every type of truck from car transporters flats curtaines cranes tilts euroliners on domistic work ERFs are used but on international Volvo are chosen
used to be mostly Transcons very good proffesional company always make you welcome.

i saw 1 of their volvo fh’s on the m6 yesterday, he could just make it home for christmas, & i thought that they could possibly be an english company running to malta, but apparently not.

thanks for your replies guys.

cheers
gaz

Home for Christmas??

Get another trip in before next wknd, Sorry no pics at the time I just never thought of it.

Regards Dp

been past their yard in malta a few times , one came out of gist hemel at the same time as me yesterday morning

I took this photo through the windscreen of our hire car as we were driving off the ferry onto Gozo last year.

There had been a heavy shower of rain just before the sun came out . Notice the reflection on the wet road .
All the vehicles of Express Trailers/Vella are kept in excellent condition.
Cheers , cattle wagon man.

Don,t think i,ve got photos of them, but one of their drivers not sure of the name always parked in our yard in Earlstown Newton-Le-Willows when he was up north, i,m sure his name was Tony. Always got beer of him for letting him park up thats back in 2000-2007 would be with us once or twice a month

sorry to go of thread boatcatcher you mentioned earlstown 25 30 years ago earlstown legion monday nights was the trading estate called bishops or something smashing crowd

sorry to go of thread boatcatcher you mentioned earlstown 25 30 years ago earlstown legion monday nights was the trading estate called bishops or something smashing crowd

rward:

The Estate i worked at was called Deacon Trading Estate next door was Jacobs Biscuit (Tibbet & Britten) and i was in Bibbys old warehouse for Great Bear

boatcatcher deacon is right not bishop is it still there

Unfortunately the Deacon trading estate was pulled down earlier this year … 25-30 years ago Alltransport had the yard that Great Bear took over.

I am sure last yrs worlds strongest man on tv was pulling one of there FHs or was it a Daf?

Peter

mfm:
Unfortunately the Deacon trading estate was pulled down earlier this year … 25-30 years ago Alltransport had the yard that Great Bear took over.

So has all deacon gone even what was Great Bear, So whats happen to that new warehouse that was only built in 2006 ■■ i,m sure there were from Warrington Engineer company Poss WRP ■■

Boatchaser:

mfm:

So has all deacon gone even what was Great Bear, So whats happen to that new warehouse that was only built in 2006 ■■ i,m sure there were from Wa
rrington Engineer company Poss WRP ■■

That new warehouse is still there, when the lease runs out early in the new year thats coming down, Great Bear, Tibbet & Britten every things gone new houses being built in the new year.

mfm:

Boatchaser:

mfm:

So has all deacon gone even what was Great Bear, So whats happen to that new warehouse that was only built in 2006 ■■ i,m sure there were from Wa
rrington Engineer company Poss WRP ■■

That new warehouse is still there, when the lease runs out early in the new year thats coming down, Great Bear, Tibbet & Britten every things gone new houses being built in the new year.

Won’t somebody think of the children :open_mouth:

Where are the poor souls supposed to rob from now ■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Always put the transcons into ■■■■■■■ at Thurrock for a service.

Mossy, Ray, Paul & Rambo were pretty ■■■■ good diesel fitters :slight_smile:

Boatchaser:

mfm:

So has all deacon gone even what was Great Bear, So whats happen to that new warehouse that was only built in 2006 ■■ i,m sure there were from Warrington Engineer company Poss WRP ■■

Sorry to change subject,but anyone know Dennis from Dencoll can he send me a email or pm please to Boatchaser so i can contact him
Thanks all