Experiences of being TUPED over

Can anyone please give a account ,of their experience’s of being TUPED over to one of the big logistics companies, for example, did you keep your terms and conditions,and then weeks later, they changed them, so you were worse off.thanks

Have a look at this site TUPE transfers | Acas its full of everything to do with being involved in a tupe transfer.
We were TUPE’d, but the new owners have totally ignored tupe regulations, you really do need to know the process, because the new owners will possibly do what ever they can to screw you over, which is a total breach of your current employment contract.
They can’t just come in and change your terms and conditions without good reason, just because they want to, isn’t a good reason, they have to remain the same, unless you agree to have them changed.

I believe it didn’t work out too well for dozy when he was TUPEd over.

You have to be careful to stand your ground, they sometimes try to make your old pay scheme not work for you too well by giving you work more suited to their new ‘‘alternative’’ scheme, then make a lowish offer to buy your contract off you.

Best to be in a union with a steward with his unbuyable head screwed on proper like.

Well we were tuped over about a year ago now…And everything has stayed the same for us…So in my experience it has been ok

We got tuped over 3 years ago from being in house to Norbrit Dishwasher everyone was dreading it , and to be honest nothing has really changed they tried to cut our nights out down but soon quickly discovered the job doesn’t work if you do that, we do the odd backload now but apart from that hours and money haven’t been changed so not a bad experience really

I was TUPE’d 18 months ago from DHL to a small family firm and was royally ■■■■■■ over by the small family firm.

Lost my generous DHL company pension and lost many other benefits, such as high-street vouchers/coupons, which come in handy sometimes when car/house insurance is due.

Didn’t get the 10% pay-rise that DHL drivers got, 3 months after the switch. Small family firm denied all knowledge of this pay-rise, which is total BS, but I couldn’t prove it.

Don’t get the £20 supermarket gift-card at Christmas, which DHL gave out as a thank you.

So my experience hasn’t been good and I pray daily that the small family firm ■■■■ up big style and lose the contract, so DHL take it back on board.

Seven years ago, our in-house work was outsourced to two separate logistics companies and about twenty drivers were TUPE’d to one company, and four of us to another. I was one of the four, and was employed by a large (brown) West Country Haulier. All the terms and conditions of employment and pensions (for both groups of drivers) remained the same, and there were no difficulties.

Five years later, the contract I was working on was taken over by the (blue) West Country Haulier who had previously employed the other twenty and I was TUPE’d again, without any problems. In fact, I actually got a pay raise, as the wages paid to those twenty drivers had increased more than mine had in the intervening years.

To sum up - I’ve been TUPE’d twice in seven years, without any problems, and done quite well out of it!

Thanks to everyone who has replied, keep them coming, these have been a big help, in worrying times, thank you chaps.

Got tuped over 3 years ago a only thing thats changed is i drive and different colour lorry and wear a different uniform ,ive kept my holidays and service[14yrs :open_mouth: ] ,im monday friday and the firm who tuped are us over are any 5 from 7,their drivers hate us with a passion for that :laughing: their lot are on a quid extra an hour more than me but all do is bang the odd saturday in,happy days :wink:

seth 70:
Got tuped over 3 years ago a only thing thats changed is i wear a different uniform :wink:

Sounds about right.[emoji23]■■■■■■■ eejit!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443368906.511716.jpg

The new owner cannot change any T&C’s for 2 years. Although they can if you agree to it.

Been over 2 years for me and still keep my contract intact. No change for me, all fine so far.

i was shunter at dhl when they lost the contract to another firm.
i was told at the meeting i had that as they did not have any shunter they were creating a new position for me as shuttle driver…and as such the new position did not come under tupe rules and the offered me this new position at £11008 a year less.
guess what i told the ■■■■■?

Honestscott76:
The new owner cannot change any T&C’s for 2 years. Although they can if you agree to it.

Sorry but the 1st bit is wrong there is no time limit on TUPE. The 2nd bit however is correct. Your employer can OFFER you any contractual change to your T&Cs. It is purely up to the collective workforce in your workplace if they accept it.

I recall there was time limits on changes to T&C’s. It’s actually ‘One Year’.

brodies.com/node/3118

“Collective agreement terms can be renegotiated one year after the transfer (even where the reason for the change is the transfer), but only if overall the change is no less favourable to the employee.”