Experience

I have got my class 1 on friday I should pass if I dont make any stupid mistakes, I have a a possible job start when I pass.

So can anyone define “Experience” e.g how much.

I have 4 years class 1 shunting with fridges, Tauts etc and 3years class 2 muti-drop chemical deiverys. I have a ADR in tanks and packages apart from 1 and 7, and experience with “live loads”.

So is this enough experience?

and is there a difference between a new driver and a polish driver (who hasnt worked in the uk)

K.Adams:
I have got my class 1 on friday I should pass if I dont make any stupid mistakes, I have a a possible job start when I pass.

So can anyone define “Experiense” e.g how much.

I have 4 years class 1 shunting with fridges, Tauts etc and 3years class 2 muti-drop chemical deiverys. I have a ADR in tanks and packages apart from 1 and 7, and experience with “live loads”.

So is this enough experiense?

and is there a difference between a new driver and a polish driver (who hasnt worked in the uk)

From what you say, i think you’ve got plenty of experience, you obviously know how to reverse a trailer, which is the bit most people mention when going on the bendy’s.

And you’ve done multidrop which is…well a steep learning curve shall we say

Just tell your new employer you can put a trailer anywhere and you can do more drops than santa! then wait for the set of keys to be thrown at you :smiley:

Could have driven one for 20 years without a licence and be the best class 1 driver ever, the real problem for a lot of companies is insurance.

To get policies cheaper some companies have policy which mean the drivers have to have held a licence for a certain amount of time.

The difference is the polish driver doesnt have to prove anything and his word will be accepted, no offence Orys, the sytem is wrong.

K.Adams:

he’ll be more experienced than you

K.Adams:
‘…can anyone define “Experiense”…’

No, but I can spell it …so maybe spellcheck all written job app’s?

You’ll be reet, with’ee snap-box and ferret fer ■■■■■■■

IT so can I

K.Adams:

I think briefly that an ‘experienced’ driver is one who can get from A to B without help and without hitting anything. As for the different disciplines of the job, i.e tanker, tipper, fridge etc…There’s not many who can/have done them all, i havn’t but i’m sure there’ll be some who have !!

What a load of [zb] I passed rung over 15 agenceys. 14 said you need 2yrs experince. So I guess it seems like a waste of time doing my LGV 1

If it needs stars it’s not allowed. L. :wink:

This is an old problem, nobody is born with experience so how do you get it in the first place? My advice is to keep knocking on doors, one day you’ll be in the right place at the right time or go to a firm with rigids & artics & work your way up, good luck

Mike-C:
As for the different disciplines of the job, i.e tanker, tipper, fridge etc…There’s not many who can/have done them all, i havn’t but i’m sure there’ll be some who have !!

That’s a fair point Mike. :smiley:

On that scoring system, I only score two out of three, cos I’ve never driven a tipper. :grimacing:

:open_mouth: I’ve been known to drive people mad, does that count? :laughing: :sunglasses: