experience

saw an ad on indeed that says ANYONE CAN BE A HGV DRIVER AS NO EXPERIENCE IS NEEDED really ,I wish they would tell that to the number of new qualified hgv drivers who come on here and say they cannot get a job through lack of experience, that’s after they have paid a few thousand to get their hgv

What a ludicrous and irresponsible thing to say - ■■■■-poor of indeed to allow such ■■■■■■■■ to reach the masses. Are they struggling that much to procure drivers?
Looks like a good “name n shame” example!

just looked through and I reckon the ads been pulled,cannot find it anywhere now

Its true though, I had no experience driving HGV’s before I did my tests. Only had my car license for two years prior.

■■■■■■■:
What a ludicrous and irresponsible thing to say - ■■■■-poor of indeed to allow such ■■■■■■■■ to reach the masses. Are they struggling that much to procure drivers?
Looks like a good “name n shame” example!

just found I again,is a training company called LGM in Swindon,says it all really,just trying to drum up business

Trainee HGV Drivers
About the Job
We are the UK’s largest HGV & LGV training and Recruitment Company.

Hundreds of candidates get qualified and placed into full time and self employed work through us every month.

We have 45 training locations throughout the UK, which means you can undertake your training locally.

We arrange everything from start to finish, including your medical.

We work major logistical companies all over Britain, including TGL. They work with supermarket giants Tesco. We guarantee all newly qualified Category C+E drivers who get their licence through us will be interviewed. If suitable, you’ll be assessed at your nearest site.

Once you pass the assessment, you’ll drive for at least 42.5 hours a week, giving you the financial security of a £26,000-£32,000 salary. There’s also potential overtime at £10-15/hr (depending on site, day and time). Many drivers choose to work 55+ hours a week, in line with legislation.

We also boast a 92% pass rate which is way above national average. To obtain your license you must pay to get qualified, our prices are by far the cheapest on the market.

Anyone can become a HGV driver as no experience is necessary, As long as you are over 18 and hold a UK drivers license, you are eligible!

For more information please fill out our short application form by clicking the apply now button.

Once received, we will send you an email with more information and a member of our team will be in touch within 48 hours. Alternatively you can call us on the number provided on the email.

We look forward to speaking with you and getting the ball rolling for your new career!

Propoganda !!!

OMG so funny. Cant stop :laughing: :laughing:

Dan ze Man:
Trainee HGV Drivers
About the Job
We are the UK’s largest HGV & LGV training and Recruitment Company.

Hundreds of candidates get qualified and placed into full time and self employed work through us every month.

We have 45 training locations throughout the UK, which means you can undertake your training locally.

We arrange everything from start to finish, including your medical.

We work major logistical companies all over Britain, including TGL. They work with supermarket giants Tesco. We guarantee all newly qualified Category C+E drivers who get their licence through us will be interviewed. If suitable, you’ll be assessed at your nearest site.

Once you pass the assessment, you’ll drive for at least 42.5 hours a week, giving you the financial security of a £26,000-£32,000 salary. There’s also potential overtime at £10-15/hr (depending on site, day and time). Many drivers choose to work 55+ hours a week, in line with legislation.

We also boast a 92% pass rate which is way above national average. To obtain your license you must pay to get qualified, our prices are by far the cheapest on the market.

Anyone can become a HGV driver as no experience is necessary, As long as you are over 18 and hold a UK drivers license, you are eligible!

For more information please fill out our short application form by clicking the apply now button.

Once received, we will send you an email with more information and a member of our team will be in touch within 48 hours. Alternatively you can call us on the number provided on the email.

We look forward to speaking with you and getting the ball rolling for your new career!

Propoganda !!!

That looks like a brokers advert, they’re well known for talking ■■■■■■■■ to get trainees!

Ask to see their training vehicles before you pay them any money :wink:

truckman020:
saw an ad on indeed that says ANYONE CAN BE A HGV DRIVER AS NO EXPERIENCE IS NEEDED really ,I wish they would tell that to the number of new qualified hgv drivers who come on here and say they cannot get a job through lack of experience, that’s after they have paid a few thousand to get their hgv

Of course anyone can become an LGV driver and you do not need experience. That is very true. Thousands of us started exactly that way. I know I did. A driver with a car licence with no experience of lorries paid for HGV training and test.
Passed and found a job. Simple and anyone can do it today and they do.