Experience with this training provider?

Hi am looking for some general advice has any one had any experience with north county hgv training,
My training consists of Tuesday 4 hours of driving.Wednesday multiple choice and hazard perception and case studies for cpc.
Thursday a further 4 hours of driving,
And Friday 4 hours of driving…
Then test on Monday with 2 hours of driving practice before test.
This all ads up to 14 hours in total :open_mouth:
So all in all I really do have some work cut out…
I was hoping for at least 18 or 20 hours.

Let me start by wishing you the best of luck mate!

Did you have a driving assessment before booking the course?

14 hours isn’t too bad for training (I had 12 myself), just listen to the instructor and put your concentration face on. But most of all try and enjoy the experience!

pete1476:
Hi am looking for some general advice has any one had any experience with north county hgv training,
My training consists of Tuesday 4 hours of driving.Wednesday multiple choice and hazard perception and case studies for cpc.
Thursday a further 4 hours of driving,
And Friday 4 hours of driving…
Then test on Monday with 2 hours of driving practice before test.
This all ads up to 14 hours in total :open_mouth:
So all in all I really do have some work cut out…
I was hoping for at least 18 or 20 hours.

Something not right here …

Why would you be training for HPT if your practical driving test is imminent ?
Theory and HPT must be passed before the practical test can be taken

northcountyhgvdrivingschool.co.uk/prices.htm

Prices
18 hour LGV Category C Course (Class 2 HGV)
Course cost includes driving test fee of £105
£804
(Training fees only, are subject to 15% V.A.T)

Bit out of date with only 15% VAT

804-115=689+20%VAT=827+115= £942 appx for 18 hours with no mention of a non driving day for theory

Regarding my theory & hazard perception I booked this on line my self and was hoping to get the training around this.
I know it’s all a lot for me to do if I fail the hazard & perception I lose my dsa practical test slot :open_mouth:
I have been consistent on mock test with a consistent pass rate of above 90% just hope I hold it together on the day.
I was not offered a assessment drive…
My main worry is the gap between Friday and Monday before my dsa test and only 2 hours before the test on Monday :confused:

There is no problem with the weekend break between Friday and Monday. We do it regularly - no worries.
14 hours training works fine IF you’ve got a good, well spec’d vehicle and a very good trainer in a straight-forward area. That assumes no other problems of course.
Begs the question: if you wanted 18 hours, why didn’t you book it?

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks or the replies I feel a better knowing of people having good experience with under 18 hours, the main reason for me not taking the full 18 was getting a dsa test slot around my multiple choice & hazard perception test.
My instructor says trying to get a dsa test on the Friday is very limited,

north county hgv training are not in the members recommended list of providers so it will be interesting what you say about them at the end of your training

peter if you are in north west or north of uk then try hendley green in wigan, i spoke to the trainer today he was straight forward with everything what i asked, the only thing i was a bit confused is i got my answer from asking here So Good luck with which ever provider u choose.

Just a quick recap had my first four hours today with north county, and am really pleased with things so far was really comfortable in the vehicle,
I just need master aproach speed on roundabouts and positioning all will come in time.

I got someone through last week with just 10 hours training. He was a complete natural though which I found out when he came for assessment.

Not good practice to have started training and yet to do the theory tests.

All the best.

Paul

pete1476:
Just a quick recap had my first four hours today with north county, and am really pleased with things so far was really comfortable in the vehicle,
I just need master aproach speed on roundabouts and positioning all will come in time.

That sounds normal for most people tbh

I’m sure it has happened but I have never heard of anyone starting training with a test booked and paid for before passing the theory.

However if you do fail the theory on Wednesday your trainer can still cancel a Monday test and get a refund or possibly use it for a retest. That way you shouldn’t lose the test fee. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.

Passed all 3 tests this morning cpc case studies & multiple choice & hazard perception,
Was surprised How the multiple choice questions integrate with the case studies.
It’s all about the revision.
Now the hard bit I have 10 hours deriving time left before test day :open_mouth: .
Fingers crossed.

Well done. That’s a relief and takes some of the pressure out. Hope it goes well for you and look forward to the updates.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: