experience in Turkey

Hi there,
I’m brandnew in this forum, but Brit - Pete, who is also a member of the German www.truckerfreunde.de Truckdriverforum told me to post my questions over here as well.
Does anyone of you have experience in Turkey, especially the routes Trabzon - Adana, Trabzon - Ankarra, and the Istanbul - Triest Ferry.
I am facing a 3 month trip through Russia, Ukraine, Rumania, Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey, and stil could have some informations from experienced Drivers.
No need for informations on bureaucracy things. allready in work. All other informations are very welcome.

Thank you

Armin

G’day Armin,

I didn’t get far with your German site, was unable to translate it and I don’t speak Deutsche.

In the 1960’s I did the Istanbul - Ankara - Samsun - Trabzon - Erzerum - Tahir route, so my experience is rather out-of-date. From the Black Sea coast to Erzerum there was a dirt-road pass higher than the Tahir, but it’s now a tarmac road. Later, during the 1970’s I used the Mediterranean coast route to Adana, as well as the Ankara - Sivas - Erzerum road, the so called (then) Euro-Asian Highway.

This link, to Turkey Road Map, it gives good information about the Turkish road system, and is up-to-date.

It sound like you’ve got a great trip lined up, please keep us informed of the journey.

Thank you for the fast first reply sheeter.
Just received the new route ( some changes showed up). First we do Athen after Russia, Kiew, Budapest,and then Istanbul, Burca, Kocaeli and Ankarra.
The map looks good to me and helps to get infos.

I’ll try to to a roadbook on the trip and post while I’m on the road.

Looks that you are a Senior member of this Forum. Can you tell me how to post an image ■■
Want to show the truck that shares the roads with me.

Thank you

If you go into the Transport Photo Forum, there are helpful instructions regarding posting images.

BTW - nearly everyone is a Senior Member, it just means you’ve posted more than a few times, I can’t remember the number…!

I am to stupid to do it, I think. Talked to our IT guy. He said, you can only put in images which are in the Internet. How can I post my own pics ■■
Of course they don’t have an Url sign, because they are parked on the Server ■■?

Arvin,
Try this: www.imagecave.com this is one of the free image hosting sites, that will give each of your pictures a unique URL - (Uniform Resource Locator)

Then Sign Up - this creates your free account with them.

Click on ADD PICTURES

Click on Browse - this looks at your computer, find your picture and double left click it.

When you have selected enough pictures, click Upload Pictures

Then you will see a list of your up-loaded picture files

Click on ALBUMS

Now you will see small versions of your pictures, alongside each picture are 4 boxes of code. Left click on the third one down, which is labelled EZCode:, then left click the text - it will highlight blue.
Then right click it, and left click COPY

Go back to the Trucknet window you should have already open, and paste what has been copied into the Reply. This means, put the cursor where you want to write, and right click, then left click on Paste

Important : Before you Submit the post or reply, click on Preview, to check that everything works OK and that you’re happy with what you’ve written.

=============================================================

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

!(imagecave.com - contact with domain owner | Epik.com

thanks for your help, now here is the picture from the “Beast”)

Almost there Armin,

The line of code required to post your picture should look like this;

[img]http://usera.imagecave.com/mileeater/gracoschwedenundSpanien058.jpg[/img]

And here is your picture -

Nice looking truck.
That spoiler on the tractor, looks like an airfoil wing off of a race car, to create downforce…

Edited, picture width reduced to 640 pixels.

It is a turbowing from the US and 1.saves you 19 % of Diesel and 2.of course it gives you a down force. This truck does not have a limiter. Tested highspeed with trailer in Germany ( bevause of the orig. milespeedo ) 80 mph. and 3. it looks dam good

Armin a very nice picture,any more hidden away
in your PC which you could post ,

Hi Pete,
of course, but I don’t want to blow up the system over here. I’ll send 2 more pics of two other trucks we are using over here. But I will post the roadtripstory with pics over here as well.
If you are located in Dortmund, why don’t you just come over? We are located in Dorstfeld.

usera.imagecave.com/mileeater/mi … inWien.JPG
usera.imagecave.com/mileeater/ND … ck2005.JPG

have fun

Armin I will take the offer up and will drop in
as its not that far, and yes when you return
we wil be waiting for the write up and any photos
of your trip.

Normally I’m in the office from 10am 'til 6pm, but give me a short note, when you’re planing to stop.

mileeater I dont mean any offence ,mate. But I certainly wouldnt want to go off the autobahns with that old Peterbilts front suspension. Dont forget to take a spare spine with you. Those old cab-overs are only good for smooth roads & photo`s. :wink:

Hi Harry,
thank you very much for your worries ( I looked at it with a smile ). This year, (until now) I was doing over 50.000 km’s all over Europe, as well as Poland and the Baltic States. Maybe you know the roadconditions over there. Pete just came back from maintenance, service and TÃœV. Without any !!! problems ( special view was on the suspension, joints and frame ). I would drive this beast anywhere in the world without any worries. But just a little sidenote :
Engine : Cat 3406, 380 HP, 14,8 L of displacement
allready has 2,35 Million kms. It is the first engine from 1985 and, by checking the numbers at Caterpillar online, they say it was never open, never rebuilt.
waste of oil : on 10.000 km - 1 L
waste of Gas ( in Austria ) with a total of 20to : 29 L per 100 k’s
Fuller 10 speed transmission ( of course double clutch )
NO !! power steering
more infos ■■