Expenses

Good evening all,

Does anyone know if expenses go on your P60 at the end of the year? "I need to know for the tax credits my wife gets at the minute, if I take a tramping job I’ve been offered will my new employer declare this to inland revenue with my wage slips, P60 etc?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Non-taxable expenses don’t so your night out money as long as its below the taxable threshold and parking you are reimbursed for won’t.

Depends what you mean by expenses if it is reimburse you for something you have had to buy or pay for ie a bridge toll then no, if it is night out money then it depends on the employer but it is still possible to have it paid tax free in which case it will not appear on your P60.

Sorry I wasn’t clear. What I mean is I will be getting paid every Friday x amount through out the year, (same amount even when holiday). Parking gets reimbursed every Monday. My question is coz the nights out are going in on the same day(Friday) is the night out money going to affect the tax credits my wife gets or just the salary?

Night out money is £26.

Hope that makes sense

Conor:
Non-taxable expenses don’t so your night out money as long as its below the taxable threshold and parking you are reimbursed for won’t.

Is this the case if night out money is paid in the same time as salary?

Godzilla41:

Conor:

Is this the case if night out money is paid in the same time as salary?

Yes it should be on your pay slips non taxable or night out money

It only goes on your yearly taxable pay if your night out allowance is above the threshold. I think £26.00 a night out is taxable but don’t quote me on that. If you want it to be tax free, ask your boss to pay you a little less for a night out and that way your ex doesn’t get her mitts on it.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

lizard:
It only goes on your yearly taxable pay if your night out allowance is above the threshold. I think £26.00 a night out is taxable but don’t quote me on that. If you want it to be tax free, ask your boss to pay you a little less for a night out and that way your ex doesn’t get her mitts on it.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

£26.20 is the tax limit so he just make its under.

Sorted it thanks everyone.