Expats in Europe, DON'T PANIC, UK.GOV info

Found this, (published June 2013 UPDATED " January 2020 " )

gov.uk/guidance/living-in-f … erm=brexit

As in the title , don’t panic !!! Gov.UK haven’t got a scooby what you have to do. NOBODY DOES !!!

Nothing has been agreed ffs

Stupid stupid pointless Brexit -

Much better info on the French gouv site.

OwenMoney:
Stupid stupid pointless Brexit -

Much better info on the French gouv site.

Totally agree, hence my “Dad’s Army” Jones quote “” DON’T PANIC "

invite.contacts-demarches.interieur.gouv.fr/

Scroll down to the bottom left - Stupid Brexit - What to do - In English and French

OwenMoney:
http://invite.contacts-demarches.interieur.gouv.fr/

Scroll down to the bottom left - Stupid Brexit - What to do - In English and French

Nice find, just shown it to the wife, who’s English, big sigh of relief from her for her UK friends living here.
She doesn’t need to panic too much as she is married to a French national.

Things will affect me personally because I’ll have to check my diary to make sure my stays do not exceed 90 days out of 180.If I have to apply for an ETAIS visa waiver it will mean in/out date stamps.I expect fines will be punishing.Anyway,wait until the end of the year for the definitive ruling.

Mr O Leary is laughing at us here, he is going to get some cheap labour. A UK Citizen is no good to him after December 2020 but any Tomasz, Lǐ chá dé or quấy rối is welcome to apply as they have Leave to Remain and can fly anywhere as long as they have a work visa. I imagine this will be the equivalent of P&O flagging out.

Tomasz, Lǐ chá dé or quấy rối equates to Tom, ■■■■ and Harry

Fry Rion Air

To all the French based Brits.

Haven’t you thought about getting the French Nationality as well as retaining your British Nationality (having both)?

I dont think the British State promotes expatriation anymore.

For all I know of the english language, the right term would be Immigrants if leaving Britian with the intent to permanently reside in another country

Or Migrant if moving out of Britain for the sole purpose of better living conditions and/or employment conditions, but not permanently.

Unless one is forced to go abroad by his native State, or there is a third party, i.e. one’s company, asking one to move abroad and footing all the costs, or else face dismissal, one cannot be an expat as one has not been expatriated.

The fellas living in France must know the origin of “expatriation”, by the french word expatrier (to banish, to deport, to expluse, to expel, to drive out in a violent manner)