Exiting roadworks!

Ihad the misfortune today to have to drive one of our trucks, and sad as it may seem having not seen the roadworks on the A1 near Newark i decided to waste a bit of time and drive though them to see whats going on.

Upon exiting the roadworks from the contraflow on the northbound carriageway i had to follow the cones back over to the left hand lane the end of which has a works exit, i could see 2 tippers coming up on my nearside and as i was limited to 30mph and they to 15mph i could not see aproblem in re-joining the carriageway , OH how wrong i was.

At the end of the roadworks there is a sliproad signed Coddington the one i needed about 4 or 500 yds from the end of the roadworks my first thought was check mirror get in to left hand lane A.S.A.P bu tto my dismay who is there mr ■■■■■■■ tipper driver who having altered his speed decided to overtake me on the inside leaving me with no alternative but to brake harshly in the outside lane ( not forgetting i have a queue of cars up my arse trying to get back up to speed) and try and get in to the nearside lane.

I got his number and reg and decided this was pretty appaling driving that could have ended up in a pile up so i phoned someone at J.C. Balls to complain about this idiots lack of driving skills, i was amazed to actually hear an employer of drivers stick up for his drivers and tell me they had to get their speed up to join the “live” lane , i argued that i understood they had to do this but overtaking on the left when they joined the traffic flow instead of slowing if need be was downright stupidity but he seemed to think it was ok.

Now can someone tell me if i,m in the wrong here because i just cannot see it, harsh braking in the outside lane is pretty dangerous in my books as is selfish driving like this fool.

Jammy mate, I can see right and wrong on both sides. A really professional tipper driver would have waited before pulling out, but I dont’ see that you could have done anything else other than miss the turning and go another way for safety reasons.

A bit close to call there Jammy, but you were not in the wrong.

I agree, there are rights and wrongs, he would need to get some speed up to join, and had he known your intentions of taking the next exit he may have held back a bit, im sure if you have carried on, you would have had more speed and been able to get past and back into the nearside lane, im sure it was just a mistake, as we all make now and again.

Gurner:
I agree, there are rights and wrongs, he would need to get some speed up to join, and had he known your intentions of taking the next exit he may have held back a bit, im sure if you have carried on, you would have had more speed and been able to get past and back into the nearside lane, im sure it was just a mistake, as we all make now and again.

Sorry to sound sarcastic Gurner but i did have the little flashy lights working you know!! the ones nobody ever sees.

I forgot to mention that he actually exited at the same exit as me. so was there any need for him to build up much speed to exit 4 or 500 yards in front when he could have slowed or waited, SURELY he should treat this as a slip road?.