Exhaust stack issue

Hi guys
I want to convert my standard truck exhaust system into a verticle stack so that I can fit larger diesel tanks.Problem is who supplies stack kits ?.I,ve spoken to Astra exhausts and they want the truck for 5 days :open_mouth: to design and build the system.Rang Eminox who took the details and would ring me back but never did :frowning: .Looked at the web site for Spatz £4000 I think not.
Still waiting to hear from MAN
Question can I fit any stack that has the same inlet pipe size or does it have to be speciffically designed for each different truck engine

Truck is a MAN 530 D26 engine 6x2 midlift

PS not looking for a show stack just something to do the job at the right price

Thanks

Try your local truck exhaust,brake and clutch factor I have in the past got all the pipes, clamps and silencer parts to make a stack, but for the life of me i cant remember the manafacturer but Stemco rings a bell. I borowed the catalogue and spent a bit of time measuring up.It did require a far bit of welding and cutting so i dont know if that helps you. :slight_smile:

It doesnt really help you but all our Volvos have to have stacks as they are used in food factories.

However the new ones with Adblue are causing more of a problem because the original silencer has to be left on to qualify.

The home made pipes we got are pig ugly and just look wrong. I still have a proper Volvo with a proper stack

It is not as simple as you think, you will have to move the batteries and the pressure regulator also. The hoses for the regulator will be short. We usually remove the carrier for the spare wheel and fit the tank there, but we have done this on the tractor trailers so they just put the spare wheel on the trailer. You must fit the exhaust that has the same pipe size so it would have the same performance, but I don’t know how it would affect the legal exhaust regulations.

I had large fuel tanks fitted to my FH Volvo by Specialized Welding in Chatham Docks, when I picked it up I noticed they was fitting large fuel tanks to a Scania which was’nt using a stack but had a silencer in between the tanks and propshaft, thus if you need to keep the pipe to the silencer the same length then this shouldnt be a problem, And don’t worry about space , these guys fitted 1500litre tanks, PTO pump and tank on my 6x2 500 FH12 in five days, It might sound long but my truck has the retarder fitted to it aswell an there isnt alot of room in the chassis so I did’nt mind how long they took to do the job,

Good Luck