Exhaust brake Iveco

I’ve read the manual so I know the truck does not have a retarder just an exhaust break. The manual states the hand control has 2 positions on or off yet the lever has 3 positions which seem to be off mild exhaust break and extreme exhaust break. Can some one give me some insight as I’ve been in DAFs for years and knew what I was doing but the Iveco seems to have Off Mild and Extreme and the manual is not much help.

My Iveco is off, activated when brakes pressed, activated as soon as accelerator lifted.

Ifit’s a stralis it’s as you say James off and two positions down .

Yep as said, off, activate on brake, activate on throttle off… I’ve just switched to a daf and much preferred the Iveco implementation.
Daf is on or off it seems although mines broken and comes on with the accelerator being pressed instead of the brake. :confused:

From my experience a towel out the window is as effective as the engine break on most of the DAF’S I have driven. Would have thought the choice of settings would be a positive

109LWB:
Daf is on or off it seems although mines broken …

That’s just what it feels like when you press the loud pedal and wonder why its not actually speeding up, especially on the tiniest of hills. Its a DAF feature. :slight_smile: