Exemption or Extension

Greetings all, Does anybody know officially if there is an extension or exemption on driver CPC renewals. I have emailed the relevant authorities but as yet have had no answer (10 day response time, what!!) Mine has expired and training should have been this week, this has obviously been cancelled so leaves me open to prosecution. Willing to risk it myself but can’t expect my employers to agree. Is there any official guidance, I’ve trawled every web page which could be relevant but can find absolutely nothing. Any information would be appreciated. If I cannot drive can I claim this ‘wage’ benefit seeing as the virus has indirectly prevented me driving legally. Not desperate to do supermarket runs but someone has to.

I can’t answer your question myself but it is being discussed here

Appreciate your reply but I’d already read this and unfortunately there is no line to official information. I myself would take the advice to just get on with it but doubt my employers will have the same opinion. Still can’t get an official answer

I’d say the fact that online courses have now been legalised rather than suspending the periodic training requirement suggests that the authorities do intend to enforce the DCPC regulations.

I think the question has to be how rigorously will they enforce it and we probably won’t know that until someone gets pulled for not having a valid DQC.

tachograph:
I’d say the fact that online courses have now been legalised rather than suspending the periodic training requirement suggests that the authorities do intend to enforce the DCPC regulations.

I think the question has to be how rigorously will they enforce it and we probably won’t know that until someone gets pulled for not having a valid DQC.

I agree totally, just trying to avoid being the one that gets the pull. Typically us drivers are the last to know and the first to be prosecuted. Got till Monday and then I may just say ‘sod it’

They have already, put in place extensions to ADR licences, which covers near enough the whole of Europe, I doubt that it will be long before they do the same with the Dcpc.
As already said the large majority have a 5 year cpc from sept 2019 so won’t affect them, but there will be some that may need extending.
I have received an email off the DVSA about this, and they are looking at extending cards if needed and changing the format.
Fortunately I completed the 21 hours I needed this week, so hopefully the card will arrive next week, the place I did it this week won’t be doing anymore face to face course but may go the distance learning route.