Exemption from LGV Licensing.......does this still exist

Morning all, had a very interesting conversation last night over the last pint in our" local". Where I was told that the exemption from aLGV licence when driving a pre 1960 lorry, had been “quietly” withdrawn!

Is this true?

Over breakfast this morning I have perused the DVLA web site…and nowhere does this exemption now appear…(but how to become a British Citizen does on numerous occasions)!!!

Does anyone have the definitive answer…or can provide evidence either way? Because if my companion was correct, then that is going to affect a large number of people!

Look forward to you comments.

Cheerio for now.

webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. … DG_4022499
-goods vehicles manufactured before 1 January 1960, used unladen and not drawing a laden trailer
That was in 2008

This from Lowes 2014
books.google.co.uk/books?id=Onnh … er&f=false

also this
drivex.co.uk/driving-licence-info/

At the moment I cannot find a DVLA/GOV link to this

Hopefully this is not out of date:

nidirect.gov.uk/index/inform … icence.htm

Also mentioned on leaflet inf 52:

hillsofplumpton.co.uk/INF52.pdf

As far as I can tell the exemption is still in place.

According to article 7 (4) - The Motor Vehicles (Driving Licences) Regulations 1999 there’s an exemption from needing a HGV licence for “a [goods] vehicle manufactured before 1st January 1960, used unladen and not drawing a laden trailer, other than– (i)a passenger-carrying vehicle recovery vehicle, or (ii)a mobile project vehicle,”.

There doesn’t appear to be any amendments to that so I assume the exemption is still the same.

Evening all,…Gentlemen, thank you…it never ceases to amaze me the depth of knowledge of you all…and even more so how you can find your way around this electronic filing system!!!

I almost lost the will to try this morning, wading through the treacle of the DVLA site…does Swansea serve any useful purpose at all…apart from “massaging” the unemployment figures for that portion of Wales?

Cheerio for now.